Author Topic: Mansfield Street school Ardwick Green  (Read 16700 times)

Offline Ro net

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mansfield Street school Ardwick Green
« Reply #27 on: Friday 24 October 14 16:03 BST (UK) »
new to this ,but I attended this school start to finish of my school time.was born april 1950 in Percival st facing the school ,did primary,junior and secondary until I left in 1965.moved to Hulme about 1958 but still went to school there along with my older brother.remember families called winters and france im sure we lived facing a coal yard where my uncle did some local deliveries.

Offline Ro net

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 25 October 14 14:09 BST (UK) »
ro net again just a few things I remember my friends were david green from off Brunswick st, john woodward from hyde rd,john mawson ,Robert paul, one or two of my brothers pals eric partington  and George bray .teachers names I recall from secondary headmaster mr masters,mrs braid,mr browse miss alsopp art changed to chadwick and the strap master mr burton if it was bad you were sent to him for your punishment.i also remember coronation street filming in our school yard when ken barlow taught and len faircloughs son at the time was at school peter noone from hermans hermits and was in black /white.

Offline amelinixon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 28 July 17 04:40 BST (UK) »
Hi
yes I was there c1962 My brothers and sister also went to the school Barry Alan Carol and Sandra Nixon.

Offline J chaloner

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Coral st I was borne there in the block of 5 houses near pub name chaloner
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 22:44 GMT (UK) »
new to this ,but I attended this school start to finish of my school time.was born april 1950 in Percival st facing the school ,did primary,junior and secondary until I left in 1965.moved to Hulme about 1958 but still went to school there along with my older brother.remember families called winters and france im sure we lived facing a coal yard where my uncle did some local deliveries.
Hi Dave, I was born in Coral Street, when you turned into Coral Street from Downing Street we lived on the right in the 5th house past a pub called the Horse and Jockey, attended Mansfield Street School between 1950 and 1958 and my mother actually helped out in Fanny Eastwoods Shop, happy days!
Hi Dave, I was born in Coral Street, when you turned into Coral Street from Downing Street we lived on the right in the 5th house past a pub called the Horse and Jockey, attended Mansfield Street School between 1950 and 1958 and my mother actually helped out in Fanny Eastwoods Shop, happy days!

Offline Worthy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 25 March 19 16:43 GMT (UK) »
I lived in France's st I went to school from 1946 till 1957 in 1953 we won the football cup l would like to get in touch with any of the old team l still have my team photo and Medal l know all of teams names V

Offline Dean.c

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 11 June 22 02:42 BST (UK) »
Hi my Dad Thomas (Tommy) Cordock went to this school he lived on percival St  he went on to marry Christine Waters who I think also went to this school