Author Topic: Ian MacDonald Wood From Wick  (Read 3226 times)

Offline kerothwell

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ian MacDonald Wood From Wick
« on: Wednesday 02 June 10 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
         Trying to find Ian,we were Aprrentices at the same time with Babcock & Wilcox at Renfrew. 1950 - 1953.We stayed at the B & W Hostel Brediland House on the Foxbar Road. 28 Guys from all over the World. I am still in touch with some of the guys from our era and hopefully RootsChat.com might be able to help me get in touch with Ian. I have seen some great photos that I have never seen before and am pretty sure it would be the same for Ian. Sad to  say Brediland house was beautiful but was knocked down by a developer before protection could be obtained. It was a well known Paisley Mansion. Our Scots Mum and Dad Mr & Mrs Fergus MacDuff Gourdie,were strict but great fun and we had lots of Birthdays, Parties, Engagements etc. The place was in absolute Pristine condition and the guys, I am in touch with still reckon it was part of the best times in our lives. Quite a few married Paisley Girls. Ian was a good footballer and me being a Liverpool Nut we had some great tussles on one of the estate fields. I acn now tell him I hope about this guy I met or he planned to meet me.His Name was Bill **** and he was just Starting his coaching career with Grimsby Town. Then he BUILT Liverpool. Heres hoping Best Regards Ken Berry and Thank You
Berry,Greenock,Gourock
Sinclair, Shetland Isles
Hendry, Shetland Isles

Offline akc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • st magnus cathedral
    • View Profile
Re: Ian MacDonald Wood From Wick
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 22:07 BST (UK) »
have you tried www.caithness.org
Dumfriesshire: Bell, Kerr, Dickson, Hetherington
Orkney: Cursiter, Peace, Drever, Cooper, Paterson, Brock, Leslie, Malcomson, Miller, Scott
Cumberland: Charlton, Young

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ian MacDonald Wood From Wick
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 22:20 BST (UK) »
Rootschat is really here to help people find their ancestors, not their living relatives, and because of that, we do have a 'no living people policy'. That means if you do post names and information about them it will be removed to protect their identity and privacy. Please use PM (personal message) system to exchange information on living people.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!