Author Topic: Reynallt, Watkins, Gunter  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Kappalyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Reynallt, Watkins, Gunter
« on: Thursday 03 June 10 01:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am researching Daniel Reynallt, born 1805, a baller at Clydach.  He and his wife Leah, born about 1801,  are in the 1841 & 1851 censuses, but in 1853 Leah marries a Charles Jones so therfore Daniel must have died but there is no record in the BDM.  Can anyone tell me why there is no record of his death? Were some deaths not registered?

And I would also like to know about the parish records.  I know the Llanelly ones are at Crickhowell, but are these only of the Church of Wales?  What about the records of the other churches like Baptist? Where would they be?

And for those who are researching Gunter & Watkins, Leah was the daughter of James Watkins a farmer in Llangynidr.  I assume she married someone Gunter and had a son Walter who is listed as Daniel's stepson in the censuses.

Thanks
Margaret

Margaret
Reynallt
Sharp,
Trevanion

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reynallt, Watkins, Gunter
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 June 10 08:06 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD has transcribed the death of

Daniel Reynalls Mar 1853 Crickhowell 11b 1_1

Have looked at the original and probably shd be "Reynallt" and might be "11b  111"?

regards

Offline Kappalyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reynallt, Watkins, Gunter
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 June 10 11:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you ,thank you thank you!! I thought I had tried every conceivable variation on the spelling of Reynallt...obviously I didn't try that one! That solves one of my puzzles.
 :)
Margaret

Reynallt
Sharp,
Trevanion