Author Topic: William Charles Harding  (Read 13787 times)

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
Re: William Charles Harding
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 24 February 11 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi History!

My grandfather was the Foreman at Harding Carpets.  He worked there for 35 years, even my dad worked there.  My dad remember's Malim Harding.  There was a little publication each month "Harding News", I have a few from during WWII.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!

Offline Melindabr

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 June 11 14:19 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
I am the grand daughter of Constance Harding, daughter of Robert Harding Bradshaw.
Malim Hardings  children (Victor and Debbie) are all still alive as well as Mary Harding McCullam (sister of Kay, Connie, Dorothy and Malim) and she lives in a a home in Toronto.
Please let me know what information you are looking for and I will do my best to help out.

Offline WW1_Proj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 November 11 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Melinda,
I'm doing a project on WW1 and specifically looking for details on Daphne Powell Bell's Paternal Grandfather Charles Arthur Bell. I would be grateful for any information you could give me. I'm looking for photos, regimental number, his education and what profession he carried on before going to the war. Please also clarify if her grandmother was Agnes Emma (or) Elizabeth Powell.
Thanks,
Dia

Offline WW1_Proj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 15 November 11 02:23 GMT (UK) »
Ethel Kathleen's daughter, Daphne Powell Bell, was born January 18, 1937, in Toronto, and died May 28, 2008 in Zurich, Switzerland.  Daphne was a model, linguist, psychologist, equestrian and philanthropist.  (A 1962 marriage in New York ended in divorce and did not produce children.)................

My information about these individuals comes directly from Daphne, a close personal friend from 1970 until her passing in 2008.

Hello,
Would you have any info about Daphne's paternal grandfather Charles Arthur Bell, he died in WW1.
Thanks,
Dia

Offline Loree2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 31 May 12 03:42 BST (UK) »
I am new to Roots Chat. William Charles Harding was my great-grand father.  I have his letters when he was sent by rail, sled and wagon to Saskatchewan with the 10th Grenadiers during the Riel Rebellion of 1885.  My grandmother's maiden name was spelled Monypenny.  I also have information about the Malim family. Loree2

Offline kma76

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 29 November 12 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi!   I am another new member on this forum and am seeking info on the descendants of Mary Monypenny (wife of Charles Victor Harding).  (I am a great-granddaughter of Mary's brother Thomas).  I am trying to fill in my family tree and have no contact to learn about Mary's branch of the family.  I am gratefully for the information I have found so far on this forum!   Some specific additional info I am seeking:

- Helen Harding (Bradshaw): When did she die?  Who are her descendants and what are their vital stats (i.e. birth/marriage/death dates/locations)?
- Dorothy Harding (Sinclair/Simonds): When did she die?  Did she ever have children?
- Ethel Kathleen (Bell/Gairdner):  When did she die? 
- Charles Malim Harding:  Who did he marry?  Who are his descendants and what are their vital stats?
- Mary Harding (McCullam):  I have no info about her...i.e. birth/marriage/death/descendants.

Any feedback would be great!  Thanks!

Offline Loree2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 29 November 12 11:56 GMT (UK) »
I am the grandson of Minnie Monypenny and Charles Victor Harding.  My mother is alive and well and playing bridge 3 or 4 times a week at 95 years of age. I can provide you with more details of the family later.                                                                                                                 John McCullam

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Caitlinmccullamarnal

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 February 20 01:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi My dad is John
Not sure where that places me but Mary Harding married McCullam was my grandmother
Did you get all the info?

Offline Historycat

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 February 20 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caitlin,
I think I have all the info (your Dad sent it to me a while ago!) so if KMA76 wants to I can fill them in on the details I have.
Harriet
Malim (any) Wilde, Mase/Mace Bagshaw (Norwich/Norfolk), Almond (London, Staffs, S America, Thanet) Hart, Sharp/e Lincs, Smith (London) Ware (London) Blower (Hants Essex) Webb, Holmes (Suffolk Essex) Warcup (London, W Indies) Hallam (Leics) Johnson and Noon Derbyshire