Author Topic: Ruabon Parish Hannaby  (Read 7964 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ruabon Parish Hannaby
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 23 June 10 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Morgan

Think that I left a bit off my last message to you as I was on the phone to someone beginning with P  ;D - was it here or via pm  ::)

Anyway, I'm not  sure (now that I've found more in the oprs) if the non-c records would have anything but it's worth trying.  Also maybe pm Paul with link to this thread to see if he might find anything on Thomas* and Joseph in  the Wrexham/Brymbo oprs. It looks like they might have been born in the 1780s-1790s.

* Thomas would be circa 1802 ish

Gadget

PS - at least they weren't Uses  ;D ;D ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 23 June 10 23:35 BST (UK) »

PS - at least they weren't Uses  ;D ;D ;D
grateful for small mercies
 ;D ;D ;D

Thanks, Gadget  :)

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 25 June 10 21:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Morgan

Some finds for your Hannaby families

Wrexham Baps 1800-1812 no burials
ANNABY,  Catharine, Dec 23, 1810 b Nov 16, d/o William & Ann of Broughton

HANABU, Samuel, Jun 13, 1801 b May 15, s/o William (occ Coll=collier?)  & Sarah of Broughton
HANABY, Robert, Jan 4, 1807 b July 4, s/o William (occ Collier) & Sarah (no abode listed)
HANNABY, Edward, Oct 9, 1803 b___, s/o William (occ Coll) & Sarah of Broughton
HANNABY, Sarah, Aug 26, 1810 b Mar 26, d/o William (occ Lab.) & Sarah of Broughton

Wrexham Baps 1789-1800 no burials
HANNABY, John, July 1, 1792, b 8th, s/o William (occ Coll)  & Sarah of Brn (= Broughton?)
HANNABY, William, Feb 21,1790, b ____, s/o William (occ Lab) & Sarah of Broughton

The IGI has a submitted entry at Wrexham for a Thomas HANABY supposedly baptized Feb 24, 1799 s/o William & Ann or Sarah.  The Clwyd FHS transcripts have no Wrexham PR entries transcribed between Sep 1796 to December 1799.  The Blackwell Index doesn’t appear to have any HANNABYs or variations either. 

There is also another submitted entry at Gresford for a Joseph HANNABY bap  Nov 14, 1790 s/o John Hannaby & Mrs. John Hannaby. 

HTH
Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 25 June 10 21:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Heather. That's great.  :)

I think Thomas Hanaby (from the submitted entry) may be John's father who married Ann Parry as he's the right age. Sounds as if William and Sarah were productive in Broughton  ;)

The other submitted entry for Joseph, son of John at Gresford, would rule out Thomas and Joseph being brothers. Unless there is a Joseph in Wrexham OPR 3 year gap, any relationship would be even further back in 18th Century.

Do you know whether the 1796-9 records exist elsewhere (e.g. in Bishop's Transcripts)?

Many thanks again
Morgan

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 25 June 10 21:59 BST (UK) »
Marriage Ruabon
28 April 1821 Thomas Anaby and Anne Parry both otp. Banns . There is a with consent of parents so ...
 :)

this means they were both under 21 and needed consent?

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 25 June 10 22:09 BST (UK) »
Do you know whether the 1796-9 records exist elsewhere (e.g. in Bishop's Transcripts)?

I don't know but in other instances/parishes where BT's were available the Clwyd FHS has included them in their transcript.  Perhaps William could advise on that question.

Yes I believe it does.

BTW I looked in Minera, Llandegla & Halkin but couldn't see any entries in the right time frame pre 1800.  I think you need to buy or find access to Gresford PRs

Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 25 June 10 22:10 BST (UK) »
Marriage Ruabon
28 April 1821 Thomas Anaby and Anne Parry both otp. Banns . There is a with consent of parents so ...
 :)

Hi Morgan

From the later censuses, it looks as if  Thomas was born circa 1803-ish and Ann might have been 10-14 years older. I was hoping that something might come up in the neighbouring parishes for him but so far de nada  :-\

I'm interested in the Ann Parry because of my Parrys in that area  :)  Heather and I are convinced that we are all related so I'm  happy for you to join the family ;D

I'll have a look for her over the next few day but I'm busy over the weekend sorting out the country  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 25 June 10 22:33 BST (UK) »
Other thoughts - I still think that Joseph and Thomas might well be brothers. They are both coal miners and, in censuses,  say that they were born Wrexham, Brymbo, Ruabon, Rhos. Why would the both end up in Rhos if there was no connection and with a very unusual surname?

Gadget

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 25 June 10 22:44 BST (UK) »
thanks Heather and Gadget
I was hoping they'd be brothers, don't know why really  :-\

We probably are all related  ;D ;D  I have a John Parry in my tree already - born around 1811, quarry man / stone cutter in Cefn. Interestingly his and his wife's birthplace interchanged between 1871 and 1881