Author Topic: HOW CAN I FIND BIRTH INFO ON MY GRANDFATHER  (Read 4235 times)

Offline FANDANGO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HOW CAN I FIND BIRTH INFO ON MY GRANDFATHER
« on: Thursday 20 May 04 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi im really stuck ive covered every avenue i can think off, my grandad and gran never married , his name was Alfred jones born cica 1883 he had a brother Arthur born circa 1875 somewhere in Wales, I have all his death info but no idea how i can find out where he was born or who his parents where. Ive posted loads of messages trying to find out anything with no luck.

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:HOW CAN I FIND BIRTH INFO ON MY GRANDFATHER
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 May 04 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Fandando,

What information do you already have with the Death Documents  ???

Any Idea on previous addresses or occupations of the brothers ?

RootsChat :)
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline jaq

• RootsChat Senior
  • willing to share resources
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 May 04 23:09 BST (UK) »

What information do you already have with the Death Documents  ??? ***

Any Idea on previous addresses or occupations of the brothers ?

RootsChat :)

*** thats what i was thinking.a death cert usually gives age at date of death
and where recorded. [unless its not a death cert that FANDANGO has but rather some other document.]
we await your reply,FANDANGO.

jaq
Appleby Appleton Bass Dewey Dilks ELEY Fox Foy Frankland Furnivall Hammond Hume lawrence Lewis Manning Moody Muschamp Peck Plumley Spalding Spencer Thurston Watson Willsher Wright Youngs
---
Balls Barker Burton Cambridge Cook Dow Freeman Goody Harrington Mitchell Mitson Penn*ck Playford Smith

Offline FANDANGO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 May 04 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi I know my grandfather died in Hereford General hos on the 17 june 1951 his age given as 68 he is buried in Leominster but has no headstone, He was described as a farm labourer retired, when he was younger and his children being born they travelled throughout shropshire Lientwardine, Knighton and ivington herefordshire, when they finally settled it was in Leominster, His brother Arthur i believe was a Hawker and lived in Llanidloes Wales 1913-? finally ending up in Leominster him self, i have asked surviving relatives questions and all they come up with is that they were from wales , Arthur ended up with my grans sister and after looking for a marriage i pressume they copied my gran and grandad and never married, Arthur was killed in a hit and run accident nr Leominster in 1940 aged 65, ive even looked for jones families in 1881 to see if there is a connection with family names the only one i can find that might be connected ( long shot i know) is a John Jones and family living in Clase Glamorgan Wales, trouble is i dont have access to 1891 to see if an Alfred was born to them circa 1883, i will try anything and any help greatly appreciated. Fandango