Author Topic: CONROY - 2 mysteries - BOSTON  (Read 16928 times)

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
Re: CONROY - 2 mysteries - BOSTON
« Reply #54 on: Monday 14 June 10 17:44 BST (UK) »
While I was adding you posted another great summary...you really are good!  Have added the Naturalization to above post.

I was silly...I miscalculated date of marriage entirely...it would have been 1912

which would tie up with everything else, and means they got married in US...(have checked for more ships lists for Peter, but can't see anything at present, looks like he stayed put.)  How would I go about looking up a birth record, or a marriage record in Boston?

I think we can ignore the SWIMAN family...on the original form, looks like they are seperate entirely.
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Monday 14 June 10 17:52 BST (UK) »
In 1910 and 1920 they are in Boston. Suffolk. Massachusetts.
RAOGK on the link below - possibly the second person listed for Suffolk (could be worth an e-mail)

http://www.raogk.org/massachu2.htm
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 18 June 10 15:34 BST (UK) »
Don't think I've given up, still trying.  ;)

The date of the 1920 US Census was 1 st Jan 1920 and the 1930 1st April

Peter Conroy son of Peter & Katherine was aged 9 on the 1930 Census. There are'nt really any others of that name listed for 1920/21 births.  So could this SSDI Record be Peter  ???   One to bear in mind, although he died in Cleveland. White. Georgia, the SSN was issued in Massachusetts  ???

Name: Peter A. Conroy
Born: 26 Jul 1920
Died: 20 Oct 2008
Last Residence: 30528  Cleveland, White, Georgia
State the SSN issued: Massachusetts

Have a possible address where he could have lived, trying to check if I can see anyone else who may have lived there  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 18 June 10 15:45 BST (UK) »
Remember Vernadetta M Le Blanc

Could this be her:-  ??? Another piece of info for the filing cabinet  ???

SSDI Record

Name: Bernadette M. Conroy
Born: 18 Jun 1917
Died: 4 Jul 2007
Last Residence: 01844  Methuen, Essex, Massachusetts

This was the address:- 532 Prospect Street. Methuen. Massachusetts

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 18 June 10 15:57 BST (UK) »
You are very good to keep looking...I am travelling down to the in-laws on Sunday, and hope to get some more information.  I had hoped to get out to Curr, Maam this week, but didn't happen.  Apparently there is still an elderly cousin living in Curr, Maam, Co. Galway, and the old house that was Peter & Ellen's is still standing, and has been made into a little centre for quilting.  So really want to try and get there to see it. :)

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 18 June 10 16:11 BST (UK) »
Oh sugar lumps - sorry ???  Discount Bernadette death, just found the obituary she was a Cloutier (more for the bin than the filing cabinet) ???

Now that does sound like a nice day out and interesting.  Will hope for an update  ;)

Offline Visionary

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 19 November 12 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daisy Loo

My brother is married to one of your relations and lives in Curr Maam. He lives next door to where your relations come from and the Old house is now a museum (Little Cottage)

The land and houses on it are owned by a Conroy today. I am going over from the UK to visit my Brother and if you wish some photographs of the house as its only about 50 yards away from where I am staying, let me know I can send them to you.

You also have a relation who is in the film "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne He is in the pub scene and it is my brothers wife's Grandfather the father of the current owner of the Conroy home he is the old guy playing the squeezbox in the film.  I will try and get some more family details for you

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 19 November 12 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Visionary

Welcome to Rootschat :)

That's a very kind offer, but you know, I actually live in Connemara :)

If you reply to this post, we will be able to communicate by private message and exchange emails.  We can't discuss living people on this forum.

The Conroy family is actually my husband's family.  Would love to exchange further information.

Regards,

Daisy Loo