Author Topic: Michael F Crowe  (Read 12179 times)

Offline Cro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael F Crowe
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 August 11 22:06 BST (UK) »
Michael F Crowe was my father's uncle. My father's father was Michael's brother, Thomas.  My father lives in Limerick City, as do 3 of his 4 children.
My father never met Michael but is aware of his famous career as a GAA referee.  He also said that Michael moved from Limerick to Dublin and worked there as an accountant with a railway company.  He does not know anything about Michael's children (or granchilldren?).  Can anybody help?

Offline Cro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 August 11 22:09 BST (UK) »
Michael F Crowe was my father's uncle. My father's father was Michael's brother, Thomas.  My father lives in Limerick City, as do 3 of his 4 children.
My father never met Michael but is aware of his famous career as a GAA referee.  He also said that Michael moved from Limerick to Dublin and worked there as an accountant with a railway company.  He does not know anything about Michael's children (or granchilldren?).  Can anybody help?

Offline edmondo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 August 11 22:41 BST (UK) »
Michael F had one son that I am aware of born Thomas 1910 in Dublin their may have been more children but I have no record of them. I have responded to a few of the other queries earlier in this thread, Please e mail me for other info on the family tree if you wish. *    limerick

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Cro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 August 11 23:07 BST (UK) »
I can't believe how quickly that reply came in! Thanks a million.  I read the earlier posts in this thread with great interest and saw that Thomas (son of Michael F) was recorded in the 1911 census.  I wasn't sure if there were any other children born after 1911.  Last year Pat O Dea, Kilteely showed my father and some of his Canadian relations (a son and grandson of John Crowe, another of MF's brothers) where 3 generations of the Crowe clan were buried.  Pat also suggested that the O'Dea's of Kilteely may be related to the Crowes.

Offline johnny_doyle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Genealogy = navigating brick walls........
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 August 11 05:43 BST (UK) »
Cro and Edmondo, thanks for adding the extra info to this thread. Very much appreciated.
Niland/Neiland/Neilan/Nyland - Dublin
Doyle - Enniscorthy
McCullen - Coastguards from Drogheda, Co Louth
Shepley - Macclesfield and Wheelock
Clarke - Macclesfield
McDermott - Macclesfield and Dublin
Pender - Dublin
O'Brien - Dublin and Galbally

Offline Cro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 August 11 21:53 BST (UK) »
I'm also very grateful to all who have contributed to this topic!
A further note re Michael F Crowe
The deeds to Croke Park were conveyed to Trustees of the GAA on December 18, 1913. Limerickman Frank Dineen held the deeds up to this point. The trustees were: Dan Fraher of Dungarvan; Michael F. Crowe of Dublin (originally Limerick); Luke J. O’Toole of Dublin; Alderman James J. Nowlan of Kilkenny; Tom Kenny of Craughwell; John J. Hogan of Dublin; Patrick Whelan of Newbliss; John E. Malone of Ennis; and John Collins of London. (As far as I know it was Michael F Crowe who actually accepted the deeds as he was the accountant/auditor in the group--I'm sure I read that somewhere...)
There are some details about Michael F's IRB and GAA connections in the book, 'Harry Boland's Irish Revolution' by David Fitzpatrick, published in 2003.

Offline MoragBennett

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 23 March 13 09:14 GMT (UK) »
My grandmother Johanna Crowe was from Co. Limerick, I have her marriage cert to Laurence Cosgrave, which says her father was Thomas Crowe - carman (?) mother Bridget Malooney.  Johanna  had a sis ter Bridget (biddy) and the marriage cert states living in Blackboy Pike Limerick.  I know there was another sister Mary, who emigrated to USA Married to a Cronin.  I know there was a hushed tale of a brother being involved with then IRB is this the same family?

Offline johnny_doyle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Genealogy = navigating brick walls........
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 12 October 20 22:41 BST (UK) »
long time since I did anything on Rootschat :-(

Attached pic is William O'Brien and Bridget Kelly/O'Kelly and children circa 1905, Galbally.

Niland/Neiland/Neilan/Nyland - Dublin
Doyle - Enniscorthy
McCullen - Coastguards from Drogheda, Co Louth
Shepley - Macclesfield and Wheelock
Clarke - Macclesfield
McDermott - Macclesfield and Dublin
Pender - Dublin
O'Brien - Dublin and Galbally

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 13 October 20 09:45 BST (UK) »

From the years of marriage on the 1911 census, there is a possible marriage for Michael Crowe in Q4 1908, North Dublin.

Michael CROWE married Mary MORAN on 14th October 1908.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1908/10073/5663869a.pdf

Michael F had one son that I am aware of born Thomas 1910 in Dublin their may have been more children but I have no record of them.

Children from 1911:

Rosaline born 1911
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1911/01529/1620283.pdf

Michael Francis born 1914
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1914/01413/1580479.pdf

Fergus born 1916
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1916/01329/1548722.pdf

Maura born 1918
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1918/01281/1530919.pdf

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo