Author Topic: Offord's of King's Lynn 1893  (Read 6600 times)

Offline Varian Heenan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Offord's of King's Lynn 1893
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 July 18 03:58 BST (UK) »
hello relatives,   nice to know there are relatives out there of my  Father, other than those i know of being via Margaret Fisher daughter of Florrie and half sister to dad.

he was Leonard William Smith born Offord son of Florence Eliza Smith (Banks, Metz) nee Offord
father unknown.    However Florence came to Western Australia with a John Smith in 1924 and dad was registered as a Smith on those records, however cant find a marriage cert for Florrie and John.

Offline Aoife2212

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Offord's of King's Lynn 1893
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 03 February 19 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kristie
I’ve just found this thread on the internet.
Florence was my great grandfathers sister. I’m a decendant of William George Offord born 1895
We don’t know much about his father George as we were told that he left Minnie for another woman.
After the marriage breakdown William George was passed to aunts and auncle (not sure which yet).
We don’t know much about Florence and what happened to her.
The family has found a lot about our ancestors and we have some pictures you maybe interested in seeing.
It would be wonderful to swop information.

What I can tel you at the moment is that William George married Gladys Louise Redington who was a wonderful woman. I have a few memories of her as a very young child. William passed away in 1975 and Gladys in 1987. They had three girls and a boy, two of whom are still alive and in their last 80s early 90s.  Gwendoline their daughter was my grandmother. She passed away about 15 years ago.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Aoife