Author Topic: Fleming and Doyle from Dublin, Ireland  (Read 3499 times)

Offline tedolla

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Fleming and Doyle from Dublin, Ireland
« on: Thursday 10 June 10 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks,

I need a bit of help, i have a person by the name of Kathleen Doyle from dublin possibly Queen street, and her Husband John joseph or joseph Fleming from somewhere in dublin they married in 1928 in st pauls r.c Church  Kathleens fathers name is James Doyle.  Josephs Fathers name is Michael .These i got from the Marriage cert.
Kathleen Died age 77 in 1986 Joseph died aged 85 in1992 this info i got from the grave register in Glasnevin, this would make kathleens DOB would be 1909 and josephs DOB would have been 1907, i have not narrowed anything down to warrant a fruitless and costly  journey into the cro as i cannot find either definitly on the 1911 census , i know their children but as for brothers and sisters i have very little to go on, i have found  a john fleming aged 4 on the 1911 but i cannot confirm its him as i dont know his brothers and sisters .the fathers name is michael on the census but i cannot narrow down his birth as he could have gone under any config of his name,
I  anybody has any ideas on how to proceed  it woul be a great help

Thanks

ted ?? :-\
Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford/Cavan/ Canada/Drogheda

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Fleming and Doyle from Dublin, Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 June 10 19:43 BST (UK) »
a couple of details that might help the search ...

What's residences are given for the bride and groom on the marriage cert ?

What are the occupations of John Joseph / Joseph, James & Michael ?

What are the witness names ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline obbie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • miska moo samoyed and holly hunter cocker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 June 10 23:37 BST (UK) »
if your abroad you could ask roscommon gro to search for there births just give there names and fathers names and rough date of birth hopfully you will only get a couple of hits .

if you live in ireland you can get there births from any county register of births office , get them to search for you .
 census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Hanrahan dublin - brock limerick dublin - farrington wicklow dublin - fagan dublin wicklow - mescall clare u.s.a - heron herring wales england

Offline tedolla

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 June 10 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

49 fenian street,fleming and 48 queen street , doyle  , all labourers, and james fleming, as one witness, plenty of them and margaret conway,

names for kathleen on 1911 dont add up or dates but they are always out by a year or two anyway,

could it be possible they did not partake in the census?

also i found that fenian street used to be Denzille Street,but no luck there,,

really looks like i am going to have to wing it and narrow down dates of births and  see if i get lucky on birth certs in the cro,  on family search , i have narrowed it down abit to 2 or 3  joseph or john joseph flemings but there are 7 or 8 kathleen doyles ,
my only other option is see if st pauls have any further records but i think its closed now!!!!

thanks for your help, any other suggestions are welcome

ted
Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford/Cavan/ Canada/Drogheda

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 June 10 11:23 BST (UK) »
There are a couple of streets and townland currently missing from the online census - but most are for 1901. There are names with spelling mistakes, transcriptions etc, so it's worth trying all sorts of variations

Some Dublin city records are available online at : http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/ , but the baptism records are only usually included before about 1900.

Unfortunately labourers as an occupation are not easy to trace..

I'll have a look at  the addresses to see if anything shows up...

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 11 June 10 14:52 BST (UK) »
49 fenian street,fleming and 48 queen street , doyle
they married in 1928 in st pauls r.c Church

Checked Thom's of 1927, but nothing promising for Fleming or Doyle in the listings

Fenian St - frmly Denzille St (from Holles St to Westland Row)

49 H..J. Williams - grocer

North Queen St (from Arran Quay to King's St)

46 to 48  tenements (no details given)

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 11 June 10 15:24 BST (UK) »
on 1911 census there is a Katheleen age 3 with her widowed mother at 16.4 Botd Cottages, Fitzwilliam
Also there's a matching Kathleen at 49.3 Summerhill, Mountjoy with her mother and grandmother

For John there is a 4 year old at 9 Ballybetagh glencullen Co. Dublin with his father Michael and also at 14 Cloonconra, Coolougher in Roscommon
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 11 June 10 15:28 BST (UK) »
have you read this topic
Topic: Constable RIC, Michael Fleming, d. 1920 
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder