Author Topic: Vic Electoral / Postal rolls for William Sturdy JONE 1887 - 1900  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Sturdy

• RootsChat Member
  • John PARK and Louisa Jane PARK (nee STOREY) 1889
    • View Profile
Vic Electoral / Postal rolls for William Sturdy JONE 1887 - 1900
« on: Friday 11 June 10 12:15 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any trace of my g/g/grandfather William Sturdy JONES in Victoria between 1887 and 1900.

What I know is that on the 23rd November, 1887 he was "Dismissed" from the NSW Police Force after 23 years service. On the 7th September, 1900 he died at 18 Finlay St, South Melbourne as a "Gentleman" with the death certificate stating he had lived in Victoria the previous 14 years and a further 44 years in NSW. The informant was his wife Emily JONES (Previously CLOTHIER nee DAVIS). He was buried at the St Kilda Cemetery.

I would very much like to try and trace his time in Victoria and hope to find him listed on the postal / electoral rolls between these dates. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Sturdy (You can see where the name came from)
STOREY Family London (Spitialfields, Shoreditch, Lambeth, Wandsworth) & Ballarat Aust 

PARK family Glasgow

MILLS (MILES) Family Kirkmaiden - Wigtownshire, Glasgow & Geelong Vic and Moulamein NSW, Aust

MILLER family London (Bethnal Green, Mile End Old Town) & Auckland, NZ

AVON family Cobh, Queenstown, Cashel (HUSSEY Family), Ireland & Melbourne Australia -