Author Topic: 1860 and 1870 Census Thomas Carson in New York  (Read 2149 times)

Offline punch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1860 and 1870 Census Thomas Carson in New York
« on: Sunday 13 June 10 17:17 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any information in the 1870 census for Thomas Carson born in 1835 in Ireland and his wife Mary Jane born about 1842 in Ireland. In the 1880 census they were living in Marbletown, Ulster, New York.

Thomas Carson, according to the 1900 census, immigrated to the United States (probably New York) in 1855). Any information in the 1860 census would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: 1860 and 1870 Census Thomas Carson in New York
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 June 10 17:21 BST (UK) »
I've put the 1870 with the 1880 Census for you on the Reynolds thread - keeps all the Carson stuff together  ;)

Sorry forgot to say that I never found a 1860 one suitable yesterday. That was 2 years before the marriage if I remember correctly.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline punch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 June 10 17:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you. I was not sure if I should start a new thread or not. Do you ever get any sleep? Again, you are such a big help.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 June 10 17:34 BST (UK) »
Oh yes. I count all your ancestors to help me get to sleep.  ;) (Only joking)  ;D ;D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada