Author Topic: Onions in the 1891 census.  (Read 2047 times)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Onions in the 1891 census.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 May 14 19:03 BST (UK) »
Later she is single and still at home with a bunch of siblings and widowed father.  Assuming you may have a subscription, check the name Owins rather than Onions.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Chook01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 May 14 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary, thanks for the reply. Was that info from the 1911 census? ( Emily at 15yrs). I know she was in Sheffield in 1921 but can't find her after that. I have a marriage to a john t Harley in 1932 but I don't know if it's the same emily. Where does the name owins come in? Any info greatfully received. I had a subscription to ancestry but need to renew.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 June 14 10:39 BST (UK) »
Yes it was, but not sure of the copyright rules whether they have changed for the 1911 census so I won't post the details.

Ancestry have them mistranscribed as Owins.  Your local library may well have a subscription to Ancestry you could use - don't forget to take a flashdrive with you, saves printing out.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline Chook01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 June 14 19:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mary will take a look under owins too.