Author Topic: 1851 census look up please  (Read 4820 times)

Offline ziggie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1851 census look up please
« on: Thursday 17 June 10 11:44 BST (UK) »
I am looking for an Euphemia Campbell/McKay b. c1800 and Peter Campbell b. c1835.  The 1841 census shows Famey McKay, Lodging House Keeper, Den Brae, Dundee.  I have noticed that sometimes on the 1841 married women had entered their maiden surnames.  Their place of birth is stated as outside census county.  I have picked up Peter in the 1871 census, birthplace given as Forfarshire; the 1881 census states Dundee.   Any help would be appreciated.

Ziggie

Offline ziggie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census look up please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 July 10 10:44 BST (UK) »
I am now only searching for Peter Campbell - Euphemia died in 1849.  There is also a possibility that he was not born in Dundee.

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 14:18 BST (UK) »
Don't know if this is any help, but its the only Peter Campbell I could find

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.
Dundee:
Byrne, Cooney, Clark, Wilson, Milne, McCormack, Wynn, Taylor, Morrison, Traynor, Stewart, Kilmartin, Hays, Cheape, Hosie, Carr, Stormont.

Ireland: Devanah, Byrne, Traynor, Carr, Canon.

Offline ziggie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Antdamm

Unfortunately this is not my Peter Campbell, both his parents had died by the 1851 census.  I have been looking for him possibly living with a family member, as his age would have only been about 12.  I'm still looking but thank you very much for your time.

ziggie

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 18:50 BST (UK) »
Do you have any idea about what kind of occupation he would have ended up with?

Do you have the names of any family members he may have gone to stay with?

As far as I can see - when i do a search for Peter - and discard the 'son' records, all I am left with is 1 cousin, servants and lodgers.

I could copy them all out onto here for you, then you could figure out if any are who you need.
Dundee:
Byrne, Cooney, Clark, Wilson, Milne, McCormack, Wynn, Taylor, Morrison, Traynor, Stewart, Kilmartin, Hays, Cheape, Hosie, Carr, Stormont.

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 19:06 BST (UK) »
Right, have decided to just list the records I found that were without parents. By the way, if Peter was born c1835 - he would have been around 16 by 1851, not 12.

Here goes :-

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.
Dundee:

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 19:07 BST (UK) »
1851 Scotland Census about Peter Campbell

Dundee:

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 19:07 BST (UK) »
1851 Scotland Census about Peter Campbell

Dundee:

Offline Antdamm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 19:10 BST (UK) »

If any of these are of any help to you and you want more information on the other people in the household, ust let me know
Dundee: