Author Topic: Irish Family  (Read 10185 times)

Offline lawr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Irish Family
« on: Saturday 19 June 10 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone

If anyone can help it would be great as i have meet with a brick wall I am trying to trace my gt gt grandfarther and his wife, the details i have is that Henry Price was born 1825 in Queens Co and mrried a lady called Ellen born 1831 , they married in Ireland had children earliest 1862 then whole family moved to Tow Law Durham, prob is family say Ellen is American as one census says American Britsh Citizan, others say Born Ireland, been told might have been sent as a child to work in Ne York then came back to marry, know she died in 1904 in Esh Winning Durham, can anyone give ideas how to trave trace them, one of the children John married a Margaret Keogan in Ireland and then had my grandma in Tow Law

Thanks for any help

Lawrence

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Irish Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 June 10 19:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Lawrence,
welcome to rootschat.

Family search pilot site http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start

has civil records and some of your family were born late enough to be included in the indexes.
I have just tried Henry and Ann and there are results- parents Henry Price and Ellin/Elinor.
You could send off for a birth certificate for more details.

best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lawr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 June 10 19:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that,

Will do, my irish side has always seemed a difficult one, as mentioned i know Henry b 1825, Elen 1831 , then the Keogans became involved as gt grandma was a margaet keogan marrying into the prices, sure i will get there, thanks again

lawrence

Offline lawr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 19 June 10 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Heywood

Just tried that site did find a Henry who married a Ellen Moore might be them, also you are right on the other Henry and Ann as i had Henry 1868 and Ann 1871 allow i couldnt get them up like yourself must be me for some reason, also where would i contact to get there marraige cert from ireland

thanks again

lawrence

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 19 June 10 19:37 BST (UK) »
The ones I found have Ellen Hughes as mother.
Here is the link to Irish records
http://www.groireland.ie/

Civil records didn't start until 1864 in Ireland - I think non-catholic marriages were abt 1845 onwards.

I can't see one for John Price and Margaret Keogan but I do notice that Ellen (if I have the right one) is with daughter Julia Hughes b 1857 in 1901- is that her?

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 June 10 19:41 BST (UK) »
Just seen that John and Margaret Keogan married in Durham - misunderstood sorry.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 June 10 19:47 BST (UK) »
see previous topic on some the same people :  Price and Keogan

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline lawr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 19 June 10 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Heywood

You must be a star, at least to me you are, going have to look at all these as you look to have found them, here is all the details i have, if you could match up would be fantastic.

Henry Price b 1825 Laios, Married a Ellen ??? b 1831 enry died by 1899 i believe in weardale durham. Ellen i believe died in 1904 in Esh while staying with the relatives the Hughes 1901 census she mother in law.
The children they had i only have dates of birth and census just says ireland Margaret 1862 John 1865 Henry 1868 Ann 1871 and Elizabeth 1873. just guessed married about 1860-62.

John 1865 married a Margaret Keogan b 1868 says monghan but i got told in ireland, durham emm anyhow they had Elizabeth my gran in tow law

Will look on those sites but if you have any of the details as you seem so brilliant at finding stuff already, never guessed f you right they married in durham will surpirse the family

thanks

Offline lawr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 19 June 10 20:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane

Yer been trying along time to trace my irish roots, family over here in durham say will never find out, but i live in hope

thanks shane

lawrence