Author Topic: LEWIS MORGAN  (Read 2748 times)

Offline sr30765

• RootsChat Extra
  • My family tree is full of nuts
    • View Profile
LEWIS MORGAN
« on: Sunday 20 June 10 11:41 BST (UK) »
My wife's uncle LEWIS MORGAN is reported to have died from a heart attack whilst driving his lorry in the Blackrock area of Brynmawr in November 1963, Brynmawr then was classed as Breconshire.

Despite extensive searches there is no death record on the GRO index, searches at Tredegar, Pontypool, Abergavenny and Brecon & Crickhowell ROs have all drawn a blank. I also have a list of burial records  3 months either side of advised death date and that is clear.

Newspapers at Brecon Museun have also failed to find a report of this lorry which is supposed to have gone down the mountain.

Lewis has two daughters, he is shown alive when the first married but deceased when the second married in 1965. I cannot get any concrete information from any surviving family members in Brecon.

Can anybody remember an incident of a lorry going down the mountain in November 1963 following a heart attack to the driver
Our motto - "Know the truth not live a lie"

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: LEWIS MORGAN
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 June 10 00:15 BST (UK) »
Might his name have been Llewellyn rather than Lewis?

Llewelly Morgan  J/M 1964 Vaynor Breconshire (just N of Merthyr)
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline sr30765

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 June 10 09:51 BST (UK) »
100% Lewis Morgan, got his and siblings birth certificates, there is a sister still alive in her 80's. Lewis on both his daughter's marriage certificates, Lewis on his marriage GRO and his MC. I have scoured all DC records for a death with his exact DoB after 1963 but nothing appears to stand out, in 1963 Lewis was just 52

I have had contact with a few family members who will not reveal or confirm anything. Also spoken to people who knew him and again same response.

Was told by one of those that Lewis is not buried in Brecon but my wife's aunt (still alive) can remember going with other family members to visit the grave in the council run cemetery.

It's all very odd as if something happened and nobody wants to let others know, that's why I am trying to confirm the lorry part as local newspapers reported everything in those days, and I mean everything.

One register office has even suggested that he may not have died, if that's the case there is a big coverup

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 June 10 10:28 BST (UK) »
What was the last date you are sure of, that  he was alive and what was his date of birth?
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline sr30765

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 June 10 11:09 BST (UK) »
Last confirmed date from official records 24th August 1963, and November 1963 from a daughter (Brecon holds a fayre during the 2nd week of November every year and this "accident" is supposed to have happened the week after the fayre).

Lewis DoB 25th October 1911