Author Topic: MANNION Cloonkeen Kilkeevin Castlerea  (Read 4292 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MANNION Cloonkeen Kilkeevin Castlerea
« on: Sunday 20 June 10 23:05 BST (UK) »
My grandfather was listed in 1901 as living with his brothers and sisters on the 1901 census
Michael - head of family aged 23
Mary Anne - 20; John - 14; Andrew - 12; Bridget - 9
I now know that their father Andrew and brother James died in 1894
Andrew was described as a widower so presumably his wife Brigid (Macdermott) died between 1886 (birth of youngest) and 1894

My grandfather was John and I know his life story

His brother Andrew was in Manchester in 1911 and died in WWI

His sister Bridget was a nurse and became a matron of a hospital in England and died there in the 1950s or 1960s but I know no more. It is believed she may have been in Bristol or at least the south of England

I know nothing of Mary Anne

I have also uncovered other siblings a second Mary Anne who was born in 1872 and presumably died, Honor born 1873, Patrick born 1875, Eleanor 1882 but I can find no records of death or marriage.

I know that Michael married Honor (Norah) O'Donnell on April 18th 1903
They had a son James Joseph in 1904 who is listed with his grandparents in 1911
Norah is listed in Beltra, Croaghmoyle, Co. Mayo in 1911 and described as a widow
From this I can ony assume Michael died between 1903 and 1911 but I have so far failed to find a death record for him

Any suggestions where to look further??
or information or any part of this family welcome
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder