Author Topic: PINCOTT marriage query  (Read 843 times)

Offline hilarygunn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PINCOTT marriage query
« on: Thursday 24 June 10 18:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've a marriage for William A Pincott and May Smith Sep Qu 1921 Exeter but I can't trace either of them before that. They moved to Taunton later and had a son, William E Pincott b1930 Jun Qu Taunton.
Can anyone take this any further in any direction please?
Hilary

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: PINCOTT marriage query
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 June 10 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Hilary
I'm guessing this is the right death for your William:  Q1.1960 Taunton - age 63 (so born c.1896)
There are 2 possible births on Free BMD (both in London):  William Alexander Pincott Q4 1895 Pancras, and William Arthur Pincott Q3 1896 St George Hanover Square.  Any idea what your William's middle name was?  Dazey

Offline Dazey999

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 June 10 18:21 BST (UK) »
Also...there are a few more births that look like possible children of William & May:
2 girls in Exeter and another boy in Taunton...can't really post names/dates as they could still be alive.

Offline hilarygunn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 June 10 19:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, I'd found the 2 girls births when searching for William E, perhaps the names of the other boy give a clue about William A's middle name. If he came from London that seems like a far harder job to trace his family though.
If he was born in 1896 I'll see if I can find him on the 1901 census and the 1911 index. Not that that will help much really.It's much harder to find more recent people than earlier ones sometimes.
Thanks again
Hilary