Author Topic: help tracing ferris family from dun laoghaire?  (Read 7901 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: help tracing ferris family from dun laoghaire?
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 01 April 21 11:20 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

I can confirm from civil records that Mary's sister, Bridget Ferris, was living at 1 Sarsfield Street, Sallynoggin at the time of her marriage in 1930. Both Sarah and Patrick Ferris acted as witnesses at Bridget's wedding. Mary herself emigrated to England, and married in 1936.

So, this presumably was her wedding to John Davis in 1930.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1930/09045/5272961.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline AndieDoyle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 01 April 21 14:16 BST (UK) »
Yes, that's Bridget's marriage. Mary married in England a few years later.

Offline willow13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 01 April 21 22:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for finding/ giving this new information to me. Can you tell me who the 3 children are in the photo?
How can I find out about Mary as this could be my Mums Mother whom I'm desperately trying to trace information on, did she get married in England? Many thanks.

Offline AndieDoyle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 02 April 21 10:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for finding/ giving this new information to me. Can you tell me who the 3 children are in the photo?
How can I find out about Mary as this could be my Mums Mother whom I'm desperately trying to trace information on, did she get married in England? Many thanks.

Hi Willow. I know nothing about that photo. I think may be just someones person's profile pic rather than anything related to your search, but I'm new to this site and unfamiliar with how things are done, so I may be wrong. I have reached out to the family in England, and am awaiting a response - You'll understand that they may not have be aware that Mary had a child before leaving Ireland, and this may well be a huge shock to them, which they will need time to absorb, and even then, they may decide not to have contact. In the meantime I have also told my brother-in-law about your search, and he is going to pass the news on to his aunt here in Ireland (who would be your mum's first cousin). I'm not sure how this works here, if exchanging contact information is permitted, or if it's possible to message privately? This may be a sensitive topic for everyone involved.