Author Topic: George Mackay and Barbara McKay  (Read 6082 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: George Mackay and Barbara McKay
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the delay I got side tracked on the McBeath and Cormack's of this family

I did manage to get Barbara's death certificate her birth was 16.4.1812 Farr Sutherland and death
her parents were Donald Mackay and Elizabeth Matheson on her death certificate her daughter Johana is the informant her married name is unreadable
I have looked for Donald and Elizabeth marriage but cannot find them I've used McKay and Mathison but still not coming up with anything .I've used Scotland people also tried Family search .Is there anywhere else I might could find their marriage .I have Matheson's in my family tree but no Elizabeth

Barbara married Murdoch McBeath 11.5.1844 Farr Sutherland

I note the heading is George Mackay and Barbara McKay  ??????

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 16:12 GMT (UK) »
I've used Scotland people also tried Family search. Is there anywhere else I might could find their marriage.
Realistically, no, unless by an exceptionally lucky fluke.

This is because the details on FamilySearch, FindMyPast and a whole lot of other commercial web sites that claim to have Scottish BMD information are actually indexes to the information on Scotland's People. There is no other significant repository of registers of baptisms and banns.

There are a few - very few - surviving registers of baptisms or banns that are not on SP, but they're not generally indexed or transcribed anywhere else.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply I see what you mean
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth