Author Topic: Kubler family in Ireland  (Read 15183 times)

Offline Maggott

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kubler family in Ireland
« on: Thursday 10 July 08 22:14 BST (UK) »
I've been vainly looking for Kublers for some months now, so I wonder if I could push my luck:  C1901 for England lists a Margaret Kubler (as a visitor) and gives her pob as Sligo.  Her date of birth would be around 1864.  I have no idea of townland or parish.  If anyone comes across Kublers(or Küblers) in their own research could they possibly let me know?  I should be tremendously grateful.
Here's hoping
Maggott 

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kubler family in Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 July 08 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggott,
to me she looks like Keeble on census  ???

best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maggott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 July 08 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Heywood
Thank you for the speedy reply- if you're right it looks as if another one hits the dust. :(
Best  Maggott

Offline chappers

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 September 08 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Maggott,
You may remember we exchanged some info on the name of Withers some months ago and you said you were looking for a Kubler/Withers connection.  I have been looking at the Dublin 1911 census and found two names of Kubler living in the same house as 3 names of Withers.  The street name is Charles Street where a Martha and a Ralph Kubler lived with 3 Withers grandchildren.  Hope this helps or have you already seen the census?
Regards, Carol
Orr, Withers, Allingham

Offline Maggott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 September 08 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Chappers & thank you very much for your message.  Yes, these are the right people- couldn't believe my luck when the 1911 came on line & there they were.  You don't have access to 1901 I suppose..... there should have been a posse of Kublers (across 2 generations) on it...
Best
Maggott

Offline brianog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 04 October 08 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi , I can't believe this. this the first time on this site.I didn't know it existed until this evening  I have been researching the Kubler family in ireland for a couple of years and have found many kublers. My grandmother is a Kubler her name alice died 1933. I have got back to her great grandfather and will post list of kublers i have found when I have more time. I have also info on the withers connection. Are u a Kubler urself. This is very exciting to find someone else researching the same family. I have spent the last couple of years trying to trace far enough back to the german connection and am having no luck all i have re german connection is the name roldolf kubler who is my great,great,great grandfather i have his sons charles henry Kubler marriage cert which gave me his name. Looking forward to hearing from you brianog

Offline Maggott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 October 08 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Brianog  You're the person I've been waiting for!  Only discovered the Kubler connection earlier this year & operating from UK it isn't that easy to access Irish records.  Like you I discovered Rudolph (?Rodolph) from Charles' Marriage certificate, & like you I'm stuck there.  Wonder if he was Swiss tho - lots of Swiss Ks, I discover.
I should be very grateful if you could send me a personal message with the Kubler info you've collected.  We're quite closely connected, I think, & I'd be happy to exchange info
Best Maggott

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 04 October 08 23:05 BST (UK) »
You have to make a few posts before you can send personal messages here (anti-spamming measure). Maggott, you can send brianog a pm now but not the other way round.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Maggott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 04 October 08 23:18 BST (UK) »
OK 

Brianog ignore the PM bit-  anyway posting an ordinary message may flush more Kubler-seekers out, I suppose
Maggott