Author Topic: Kubler family in Ireland  (Read 15200 times)

Offline bexley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kubler family in Ireland
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 29 June 10 19:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your note.  I have passed your message on to Dad.  Very kind of you to think of him.

He remembers being sent on holiday to Dublin but he thinks he was about 10/12 years old (born 1918) so doesn't quite fit and he stayed with his auntie Trinette in a holiday cottage.  He says he was sent back to Manchester in disgrace as he was teaching the local children how to smoke!  Because of his age he doesn't always remember things immediately but every now and then he starts talking about "the old days" so I now make sure I have a notepad handy and try to write down anything relevant.  Like you I have not always got time to keep in touch but will try to make the effort as none of us are getting any younger and it would be shame to break the chain and lose the memories and the facts.

Offline pip1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 25 September 11 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hello. Am also doing research on the Kubler family for the granddaughter of:

Marion Kubler (born 1881) who married Samuel Craig (born 1880)

Have a public tree on Ancestry.co.uk but can't add much else I'm afraid. Was just wondering if anyone had managed to find out more about the Swiss origins of the Kublers? Thanks!

PS. Haven't added granddaughter's name as living so would get removed by the moderator but she lives in the Netherlands.

Offline Maggott

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 25 September 11 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Pip
I & a posse of cousins are all researching the Kublers- Did your branch live in Ireland in the later 19th century? They seem to have come from Basel before 1870ish.  A couple of generations on some moved to Scotland/England but one branch at leaset stayed in Ireland.  If you'd like more specific info please send me a pm
Best
Maggott

Offline pip1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 25 September 11 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggot
Not sure how to PM. I've just joined today.

Anyway, I have quite a few Küblers in the tree already but the most immediate is Marion Kubler (on the maternal line) who married Samuel Craig and their family and following generations lived in Scotland and Chili. And then the granddaughter I mentioned (daughter of Agnes Craig, who was daughter of Samuel and Marion) moved to the Netherlands after marrying into the Groeneveld family.

We're quite keen to trace the Basel roots but of course would be intrigued to find other living relations/cousins and where they fit in.

Thanks again,
PiP

Offline brianog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 26 September 11 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Pip,
My name is Bernie Watson.(brianog) My grandmother was Alice Kubler. This branch of the kubler family stayed in Dublin Ireland. I have been researching the Kubler family for many years now (almost 20 years) and have made contact with Maggot and other Kubler cousins / relations in England. i made some head way with the Scottish branch Kubler / Craig ( your branch) and have some marriage and death certificates  and names. I can hardly believe this. Its great to meet you. I would be very interested in exchanging information. Like you I have found the Basel connection through Kubler cousins in Manchester. Alice kubler married my grandfather Edward Watson in 1925. charles Henry Kubl
er (born in basel)
 is my great great Grandfather
Looking forward to hearing from you. I can hardly type i'm so excited.
Bernie

Offline pip1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 26 September 11 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Bernie
I'm so excited you're excited – that's sweet – and I'm glad I came across your posts.

The thing is I'm just doing the research for my partner's mother so I'm not actually a relation (more of a faux in-law)  ;)

However, send me a private message with your email address (and message for your cousin) and I will pass it on!

Warmest,
PiP

Offline Chris Marco

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 26 December 20 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my partner and I are trying to find out more about her mother's family..her maiden name is Yvonne Kubler..now Yates. We believe the family name either comes from Austria or Switzerland.Her mum today mentioned that her immediate ancestors were from Ireland but moved to Eccles/Manchester. We know that her mum's father was Cyril Henry Kubler (a bricklayer)..he married Edith Paletjorpe...and her grandfather was Augustus Henry Kubler (a brush maker). Her mum doesn't seem to know very much about the family history, but we are both fascinated by the family origins and would love to know any more details. Thank you.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 27 December 20 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Chris.
brianog has not been online for a few years but may still get notification of your post via email from the site.
Here is another thread from brianog about your particular interest
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=333318.msg2130863#msg2130863

Have you searched anywhere yourself?

This site can be useful - you just need to prove you’re not a robot  ;)

Here, for example, is the birth record of Augustus Henry
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1889/02486/1922688.pdf

You can search for other family members.

The Irish census 1901  http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/  has some family members too. Unfortunately, Charles had died by that time.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sardevsin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 30 November 23 00:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi!

I don’t know if any of you are online but I hope you see this!

Im the great great grand daughter of Trinette Kubler via frank Deegan born 1915 d. 1980 and I would love any certs or pictures anyone has of our relatives! Please do get back to me. I also have a family tree going back to about 1785 for the Kublers. So I’m happy to share what I have :)