Author Topic: Kubler family in Ireland  (Read 15199 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kubler family in Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 October 08 23:36 BST (UK) »
Use pm to exchange email addresses, details of living people and other personal details instead of posting online here.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline brianog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 October 08 11:18 BST (UK) »
hi maggott
delighted to receive your reply. will send u pm when i figure out how to do it !!!!! This is amazing. I do hope together we get to find more about Rodolph. I knew there were Kublers in England but had not explored that avenue as yet. In fact a daughter of Charles Henry Kubler and Martha Chapman  Marion Susan Kubler married a samuel Craig from glasglow 17th July 1905.  Do you want me to send a list of Kubler family with dates of birth, marriages deaths that I have found. if so it will take me a while to type them out. How closely are we connected ? brianog

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 October 08 11:31 BST (UK) »
Brianog you have to make at least one more post to send pms. Reply to this and then try looking for a green scroll under Maggott's name. Click on that and type message which will go to Maggott's inbox and not appear online.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline brianog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 October 08 13:00 BST (UK) »
thanks a million

Offline brianog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 October 08 18:03 BST (UK) »
hi maggott
This is all the info I have discovered over the years. even though I live in Dublin It has taken me a long time to find and gather this info. With many stops and starts

my grandmother Maud Alice Kubler  born dublin 5th oct 1903, married my grandfather 6th may1924 (edward watson) had one child *.  alice died 3rd august 1933. I might add here that she was the main reason for me becoming interested in this research. I have a photo of her and always wanted to know more about her and her ancestors. As a kid we were told that she was of german descent which further intrigued me

Alice's father Charles George Kubler (a brush maker) born 26-7-1878 dublin married martha brennan 8-10-1902. They had 3 children including alice. A martha ann kubler born 23-9-1907 and Elizabeth Esther kubler born 14-6-1913 in cork. To date I cannot find anything re these sisters. Their father Charles g fought in the first ww with Connaught Rangers and died 30-5-1918. i went to Lille a couple of years back and found his grave in the military cemetry in Ebblinghem. i also have a photo of him in uniform.

Charles g kubler is the eldest son of Charles Henry Kubler and Martha Chapman Kubler. Charles henry Kubler also a brushmaker 9 i have a copy of some deed he made with a solicitor re his brushmaking business which he ran from ushers quay in Dublin. He was  born circa 1849 and died 1899. Buried in drumcondra cemetry dublin near my home. He married Martha Chapman 15-9-1874 (she was born in London) circa1853 died ? her father was a brushmaker too. Got rodolph Kubler name (Charles henry father) on their marriage cert he was a boot manufacturer. Thats all i know about him.

They had 8 children including
1. Charles g
2. Martha florence kubler born 1876 married a william James withers (withers connection) 29-10-1895. She died in 3 -4-1911. They had four children. William James born 29-07-1897. Florence Elizabeth born 2-4-1899, Adelaide born 27-12-1900, Alfred born 14-11-1905

3. Trinette kubler born feb 1880 married a francis deegan in 1900. found one child in the 1911 census a charles henry

4.marion susan born dec 1881 married a samuel craig from glasglow in 07-1905

5. edith georgina kubler born 24 -4-1884 married a robert searsons in 04- 1907 found one child robert james
6. maud alice kubler born 1886 circa died 1900
7. augustus henry kubler born 4- 02-1889, married a frances baxter from Manchester in june 1917 special licence. he was also  in the first ww. with the royal army medical corps. Can't find anything more about him so far anyway.
8. William Ralph Kubler born 22-10-1891. was alive in 1911 living with his mother withers children Don't know what happened to him after that.
I have all relevant certs for all except where I say circa
The Kubler trail continues
can't wait to find out about how close we are connected
brianog

Offline casram

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 October 08 14:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Brianog

I am the granddaughter of William Withers who married Martha Florence Kubler. My grandmother was William's second wife.  Please get in touch if you want any info on William

Carolyn
Broadhouse, Broadist and variants - world wide - one name study
Oxfordshire - Broadist, May, Carpenter, Eden, Goold (Gould), Parker, Tanner
Gloucestershire - Broddis, Deacon, Midwinter
London - Fox, Gill, Maidlow, Easton
Norfolk - Stebbings, Gore, Gotts, Hubbard, Cropley
Berkshire- Haines, Kent, Booker, Noke, Norris
Yorkshire - Ramsbottom, Robinson, Dawson
Northamptonshire - Jones, Loak, Dent, Randall, Reynolds, Ramsbottom, Jelley, Rutland
Ireland - Withers, Cassidy, Leahy, Sweeney

Offline brianog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 06 October 08 17:23 BST (UK) »
hi carolyn

this is great news i have been researching kubler for many years and in the space of two days i have been in contact with onr relation of kubler and withers union and yourself
i would love to hear what info u have on william withers.
brianog

Offline casram

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 06 October 08 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hi

yes Maggott and I are cousins - William James Withers was our grandfather although we have different grandmothers. I have quite a lot of info on William Withers. If you PM me with your email address I will send you what I have.

Carolyn
Broadhouse, Broadist and variants - world wide - one name study
Oxfordshire - Broadist, May, Carpenter, Eden, Goold (Gould), Parker, Tanner
Gloucestershire - Broddis, Deacon, Midwinter
London - Fox, Gill, Maidlow, Easton
Norfolk - Stebbings, Gore, Gotts, Hubbard, Cropley
Berkshire- Haines, Kent, Booker, Noke, Norris
Yorkshire - Ramsbottom, Robinson, Dawson
Northamptonshire - Jones, Loak, Dent, Randall, Reynolds, Ramsbottom, Jelley, Rutland
Ireland - Withers, Cassidy, Leahy, Sweeney

Offline brianog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 19 October 08 13:29 BST (UK) »
thanks to all who have helped and given information re Kubler family in ireland.
now  looking for information On william Ralph Kubler b22-10-1891 dublin was living in great charles street in 1911 with his mother Martha Kubler and withers children, occupation electrical engineer. he may have gone to England since withers children with their father returned there in 1912. His mother martha nee chapman Kubler was born in London circa 1853 or earlier 1851 perhaps. Can anyone help
brianog