Author Topic: Keavers in Co. Wicklow  (Read 12723 times)

Offline wicklow way

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Keavers in Co. Wicklow
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hi brennan1,

I have found it difficult to find anything on Catherine Keavers, other than the info from the 1901 & 1911 Census. However, over the past few days I have found birth certs on Matthew Keevers 1830 & William Keevers 1833, Kilquade. I wondered if one of these might be Catherines Father?

The 1911 census showed that Catherine and John were married 21years at that time. So, I was wondering, did they not marry until 1895 instead of 1890 as shown in a previous post? or was it just not registered until then? Their son John was 10 & 20 in the census so should have been born around 1891.

I have birth certs for Michael & Catherine, Catherines children from this marriage and Bridget and James, children from her marriage to James Sinnott.

I have no other info on John Heffernan Jr but have quite alot on the other Heffernan Children   

Regards

Wicklow way

Offline brennan1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 August 10 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, Wicklow way
The previous info I gave you about the marrige of Catherine Synott/Sinnott and John Heffernan in
1895 in Rathdrum is I believe your family. I did a search to see if John Heffernan had been married previously which would account for John jnr's age if he was from a previous marriage. I know the census shows they were married for 21 years but it also shows them as John 46 in 1901 and 50 in 1911, Catherine 40 in 1901 and 45 in 1911. So they may just have said anything to get it out of the way. I'm sure they had bigger problems than filling in a census form. Getting back to the possibility of a previous marriage for John, the only one I could come with it was a john Heffernan /Jane Bell in 1890 in Rathdrum again. Where did you get info about  William and Matthew Keavers from. One of them might well be her Father as the name is not that common certainly with this spelling.
regards Brennan 1 

Offline wicklow way

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 August 10 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi brennan1

Yes indeed!!, I have found that information given on both the 1901 and 1911 census were set between very wide margins. In one case my ggg grandmother is 45 in 1901 and 74 in 1911. She had a son age 7 in 1901 who turned out to be her 19yr old grand son in 1911. Maybe she did this to protect her illigitimate Grandson. Either way, times were tough and needs must!

I hadn't thought of John Jr not being Catherines son. Have done a search on John Jr with mother as Jane Bell and father as John Heffernan but have had no luck.
The Church Baptism Record I have from the IFHF site is of:
 Matthew Keevers, 15th August 1830, Kilquade, Parents, Patrick Keevers and Mary Cullen, Sponsers, James Cullen and Ann Short.
I didn't purchase the record for William Keevers, 1833, Kilquade, because i wasn't too sure if they were the right family.
Let me kow if i can add to the info you already have.

Regards Wicklow way

Offline wicklow way

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 21:19 BST (UK) »
Hi just a little update :)

Having got the marriage cert for Catherine and John, it would seem that Catherine was a widow and John a bachlor when they married in 1895 in Kilquade. Her father was William Long and Johns father was also John.

So..., the birth cert I had for John proves to be the wrong one!!
Catherine on the other hand was baptised Catherine Long, with her mothers maiden name as Keevers.

Still need to find out where John Jnr. fits into the equation  ???.........

Offline RichardAC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 24 August 15 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am researching the Heffernan family for a friend and noted that you had more information about them. I wonder if I could avail of your offer and obtain more information about them. I have much more information about the more recent family but barely anything about their 1800s history.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 24 August 15 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard,

I am very sorry but your reply to Wicklow Way has sadly just bounced back to us, it looks like WW has changed his email address but sadly we do not know what the new one is.

I did a search with the details he registered with but sadly nothing came up.

Regards

Sarah
Email address has now been updated and working again
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RichardAC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 24 August 15 11:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah

Thank you so much for letting me know.

Kind regards

Offline wicklow way

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 29 August 18 20:21 BST (UK) »
Hi RichardAC,

It's been a while since I've been online. Did you find out anymore info on your Heffernans.

Regards,

Wicklow Way