Author Topic: SA BDM lookup if possible please  (Read 4561 times)

Offline Sharon Moroney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SA BDM lookup if possible please
« Reply #18 on: Monday 10 August 20 08:43 BST (UK) »
Because he was listed as Henry William Helmling, the illegitimate child of Johanna Helmling with father unknown on every thread of info that I have found. I am still not positive of her arrival year either as I have found no proof of that yet. Anton arrived in 1857, I am positive of that as I have now seen the ships crew record from that year. I am surmising that they may have been on the same ship from Bremen and for some reason did not want Anton named as the father. I wish I could find a passenger list from that ship-The Helvetia in 1857.
Also there is quite a bit of information listing Henry as taking his "stepfathers name" Henry often appears as Henry (Helmling) Martens.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 10 August 20 08:52 BST (UK) »
Because he was listed as Henry William Helmling, the illegitimate child of Johanna Helmling with father unknown on every thread of info that I have found. I am still not positive of her arrival year either as I have found no proof of that yet. Anton arrived in 1857, I am positive of that as I have now seen the ships crew record from that year. I am surmising that they may have been on the same ship from Bremen and for some reason did not want Anton named as the father. I wish I could find a passenger list from that ship-The Helvetia in 1857.
Also there is quite a bit of information listing Henry as taking his "stepfathers name" Henry often appears as Henry (Helmling) Martens.

I do not know who Anton is
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sharon Moroney

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 10 August 20 09:01 BST (UK) »
Anton is Wilhelm. Anton Wilhelm Martens. Sometimes known as William or Wilhelm or Anton