Author Topic: COMLETED Help find his death Hugh McLean Wither/s  (Read 11563 times)

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help find his death Hugh McLean Wither/s
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 11 July 10 23:43 BST (UK) »
Did you get my PM

Offline StevenWithers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 11 July 10 23:52 BST (UK) »
Robert Black Withers 2 is my father and Robert Black Withers(the third) is my brother.  Who is Robert Black Withers (1981 Texas)?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 July 10 00:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Steven.

Those names were just a part of the research I was doing for jval to try and get back from 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 =1906.
and see If I could make the links. So, I was on the right tracks (apart from 4 isn't part of the equation   ) So I could'nt find a census with Robert 2 with Robert 1 - 1906, thats what my curiousity is. Just where was he ?
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline StevenWithers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 July 10 00:48 BST (UK) »
Robert Black Withers1(born 1906) came to Ernest, Indiana in 1924. Then he moved to Pennsylvania  Then he moved to New york city. He died because he was hit by a train in 1942.

Offline StevenWithers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 12 July 10 00:56 BST (UK) »
is that the robert black withers you were looking for?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 July 10 01:41 BST (UK) »
Yes, this is the connection I have been looking for, for jval. I have spent numerous hours going through the 1930 Census & SSDI records to try and pin point Robert but have failed to do that.  I then tried to go forwards accumulating Robert B Withers etc hoping to come backwards and make the link that way.  (if you get my drift)
To a certain extent that has worked.  My curiosity (having spent loads of hours looking) is where was he in 1930 ? It is always sad to learn of a fatal ending thats not the way we want things to end. The Pennsylvania link - probably means that a few of the Withers family settled there before moving on to New York. On what was available to look up in New York City Death Index - Robert Black Withers was not listed. Those New York City Records go up until 1948 but obviously would not account for everyone.
However, this is your family and you have the connection with jval which I hope works out for both of you and wish you every success with your research into your Scottish roots.
I am still on the hunt for David Withers who is another that seems to be in "hiding" at the moment.

Regards.
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline StevenWithers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 July 10 02:14 BST (UK) »
I'm glad I was able to help you.  In 1930,  Robert was in Pennsylvania because it was here where my father Robert Black Withers2 was born in 1927.  Are you located in the United States?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 July 10 11:28 BST (UK) »
Yes, its sort of confirmed the dates I was working with but I still have'nt seen him in PA in 1930.

Hi Jval,

This was the arrival of Hugh's wife Margaret

Margaret Withers. Born about 1885. Ayrshire.  Aged 41 years.
Travelling from Glasgow, Scotland to New York on SS Cameronia. Arriving 17 May 1926.
With daughters Margaret aged 18 and Agnes aged 16.
Going to Inkerman PA. Gives the name and address of Hugh's brother as the nearest relative in Scotland. Hugh was at 13 1/2 Main Street. Inkerman. PA

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
COMPLETE Re: Help find his death Hugh McLean Wither/s
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 22:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you to every one for their help
Couldn't have done it without you.