Author Topic: Shudall Family  (Read 30724 times)

Offline Stevo67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shudall Family
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 August 10 22:44 BST (UK) »
That is the Catholic Baptismal records for Carrig on Bannow. The Catholic Church there is actually called Danescastle. It is some years ago now since I looked at those records. They are on microfilm in Wexford County Library. The library assistant told me that the records for that parish were one of the hardest ones to copy due to their poor condition. They were literally falling apart! I'm not sure if those records are available anywhere online. Katharine, I just typed Dorcas Burtchaell into a search engine and got a link to someone's family tree: The Everett Family of Ontario. They have Dorcas' birth year and her father and mother's name aswell as their births, deaths and other childrens' names aswell.

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 October 10 07:47 BST (UK) »
hi CJF. Thanks. I have seen that, and have him listed to check out. Not sure how to do that though - do I order the film from LDS, or is there another way of checking out the death of this man in 1877?
Katherine,
Good to see you're still after your Gores.  It's easy to get a copy of this death certificate from the GRO.  A photocopy of it costs very little and takes only a few weeks.  On the familysearch record you will see all the details you need to complete a form at the GRO website.  But a word to the wise - Duncormick is not in the New Ross Reg. District, it's in the Wexford district, so this might not be your man.  However, as the name is not a common one in Co. Wexford he may tie in anyhow.

Eileen
(with a reminder that Paul Pearce and I, having been researching Shudalls for a great number of years, have many hundreds of Shudall records.)
Chapman, Jackman, Roche, Whelan, Hanton, Dee, Stafford, Leary, McGrath, Murphy, White, Hayes, Shudall.

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 October 10 12:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Eileen. Good to hear from you once more. I think the problem is ordering it from Australia. How do I do that? Fill out the form, and send credit card details, or is there some other way I can pay for it. I am not keen to send credit details through the post.
I realise it is only a small cost for certificates, but what the aussie banks want to charge to send a small amount, ends up costing more than the actual certificate!!
Thanks for the tip about New Ross. I hope that, as you say he might 'tie in' even if not my man.
Katharine.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 October 10 15:25 BST (UK) »
I see a mention for Katherine re Gore family, this is a family I found.

1881 census; Fenton Court, Devon, District 21

Gore William Francis; head, 61, married; Clergyman Church of England. Without care of Souls. Wexford county.
Gore Eliza Carey; wife, 59, Gurnsey
Gore St George Corbert; son, 32, married, Lieut. Royan Enginners.
Gore Elizabeth J.M.; dtr-in-law, 25, married, Mussodra
Gore Kathleen Mary; dtr, 27
Gore Frederick St John; son, 23, Student Oxford
Gore Beatrice Diana; dtr, 21
Gore Lilian; dtr, 18, Wimbleton, Surrey
Gore Paul Alex; grand-son, 3 Muddodra
(6 servants)

Jack

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 October 10 15:50 BST (UK) »
Register of Deeds Dublin Abstracts of Wills; 1746-1785

Will read of Wilson Christian, Wexford, gent.
Witnesses; Rev. Francis Shudall, late Duncormick, Wexford, Clerk, deceased and
Henry Boyd, Charles Shudall, both of Duncormick, gents.

Jack.

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 29 October 10 05:17 BST (UK) »
I'm in Sydney and I order certs from the GRO all the time.  Just fill out the form on their website, including credit card details, then fax it to them (no worry about the post then). 
Believe it or not I used to have them back in exactly a week (Ireland to Australia!) but since the familysearch.org pilot they must be a lot busier as it now takes about three weeks for them to come back.  Not longer though.

I have to admit to being very happy with the service.  When all else fails it can sort things out easily.

The other option is to order a film from the LDS to view at one of their family history centres, if the record is within the records they have on film.  If you don't know how to do this I'll walk you through it.  Can take a while though.
Chapman, Jackman, Roche, Whelan, Hanton, Dee, Stafford, Leary, McGrath, Murphy, White, Hayes, Shudall.

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 03 November 10 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Eileen. Thanks so much for your help. I presume I just download the 'order a certificate form' then fill out with the information from familysearch - do i just put in the quarter and year, or do i need to quote any number. I was of the understanding that the numbers on familysearch relate to the films.

Jack. Thanks for the Gore reference. Any other ones greatfully received!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 03 November 10 11:30 GMT (UK) »
See here for details included on birth, marriage and death certificates as well as how to order them.
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,433040.0.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline JaniceK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 16 November 10 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I really want to talk to Katharine75

We really want to chat.  I just sent you another message (hopefully) from another thread about the Gores.  It is obvious that we are on the same connection as this is now the Shudalls.  The Gores and the Shudalls are both in my husband's mother's line in the Wexford area.  Hopefully somehow this message will get through to you because I am not sure how to do that directly.

Janice