Author Topic: Shudall Family  (Read 30866 times)

Offline Stevo67

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shudall Family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 August 10 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hello!

It would be great if you could locate those pictures, i'd love to see them,

Do you have an email address for Stephen?

I'd like to get more info!

Offline Stevo67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 August 10 21:01 BST (UK) »
Dear Paul. My sister said you were looking for information re: Shudall family. William Shudall was married to my mother's great aunt-Anastatia Parle from Woodgraigue, Duncormick. She was known as Anty. William Shudall was born in Carrig on Bannow area on 24th May 1866, to William Shudall and Teresa Connolly. There were a lot of Shudalls in the area at that time. In 1901, William (Bill) and Anty were living in Duncormick village. They had two daughters: Mary aged 4 and Bridget aged 2 years. Anty's sister also lived with them.Her name was Elizabeth. She had a son named Nicholas. By 1911, Bill Shudall had died.At this time in the house were Anty, Mary, Charles aged 11 years and Catherine aged 6 years. Her mother Catherine was also living with her at this time. Anty Shudall remarried a man named Johnny Quinn, who had also been previously married and had a daughter Cathy. They went on to have one daughter together- Molly. Catherine(Katie) Shudall married Richard Cleary and moved to Wales. Bridget also moved to Wales. Charles Shudall married a woman by the name of Anastatia Galvin (Statia). I have a photograph from my grandmother's photo album of Charles, his wife and my grandmother together.

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 August 10 05:49 BST (UK) »
Hi. I am most interested to hear from Stevo and CJF. I have had contact with Paul Pearce here in OZ before, but have had little success in researching my GORE ancestors from Duncormick.
I have two ancestors father and son, both named Richard GORE. They seemed to be tied to a John Shudall of Duncormick through marriage and business dealings.
The wife of the father Richard GORE was a Theresa (and I was told by another family member her name was Theresa CONNOLLY, not sure of spelling, and she had no primary record to back it up), so I am intrigued by stevo's mention of a Theresa CONNOLLY in the same parish. Surely they might be related??
My first Richard must have been born about 1804 and his wife Theresa the same. Their son Richard was born in 1824 according to family bible.
Look forward to reply. Katharine.

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 August 10 19:33 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Just read your message. There is a record of Richard Gore b. 1804 d. 1877 on Familysearch.org
 As Richard would have come from Duncormick, his birth/death would be registered under New Ross Registration District. Perhaps this is the man you are looking for. The name Gore still resides in Duncormick area.

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 15 August 10 00:17 BST (UK) »
hi CJF. Thanks. I have seen that, and have him listed to check out. Not sure how to do that though - do I order the film from LDS, or is there another way of checking out the death of this man in 1877?
Have had contact with the GORE family that still live there, but they don't seem to have anything that I don't already have from researching on the internet. Would be very interested to know where Stevo67's Theresa Connolly came from - townland, parish etc.
I would also be very interested if anyone has any information on the Shudall's running a mill in Duncormick.
Katharine.

Offline Stevo67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 August 10 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi. Stevo here. My sister CJF told me of your message. The records that I have re: Shudalls came from the records of Carrig on Bannow Roman Catholic Church. This would have been the parish which Duncormick village belonged. William Shudall and Teresa Connolly were the parents of William Shudall Jnr, who was born in 1866. There were quite a number of Shudalls in the area at that time, probably all related. I don't know very much about the family. My mother might know more, including if any of them ever ran a mill in Duncormick. I'll ask and let you know. The LDS website has some information about this period in time but I don't know if it would help you much. Best of luck with your search>

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 05:45 BST (UK) »
Do any of you have any more information on a Dorcas Burtchaell marrying a John Shudall in 1849? Curious to know where that John Shudall is from. Katharine.

Offline Stevo67

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 21:59 BST (UK) »
I came across that name when looking up the registers for the parish of Carrig on Bannow. Dorcas and John baptised a daughter Louisa, on 25th April 1864.

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 18 August 10 06:11 BST (UK) »
Steve, is that a catholic or a church of ireland register? And do you have access to it?