Author Topic: Eric Hollerton,Completed,  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Eric Hollerton,Completed,
« on: Saturday 10 July 10 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hello ,
A few years ago I met a man called Eric Hollerton in North Shields library,he showed me lots of photos of North Shields and talked about the history of the place,
I have revisited many times and Eric if you read these boards could you please email me through here as I would like to ask you a question about a photo in your book,you quote that a Rebecca McLaughlin is in Middle Street to the left of the photo,I wondered where you got the information from and photo as I believe this may be my great Aunt ,(deceased of course,)
best wishes
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Forguette

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalar
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Hollerton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 July 10 00:06 BST (UK) »
Hello,
It would appear that your man is a published Historian,

This book is one of a series called Images of England.

'Around North Shields'
Imprint: Npi Media Group 
Country of origin: United Kingdom
Release date: November 2000
First published: 2004 
Authors: Eric Hollerton 
Format: Paperback 
ISBN-13: 978-0-7524-2157-5

I think (via google) that he is or used to be the Historiian at Local Studies, North Tyneside Council.
Perhaps you can find him through there or the local library there. Or even through the publishers. If you are prepared to spend money finding him. He appears in some pay-per-view Directors Reports online.
Hope this is of some help.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Hollerton
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 July 10 20:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the messages ,everyone.
Gillian,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline bonic22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Hollerton,Completed,
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 11:29 BST (UK) »
I know Eric .  I am sure someone at the library will be able to put you in touch.    I will send him a note to tell him of your query. regards, Marion

Moderator Comment:  post amended as we are careful not to give details of living people.  Once you have made another post you can use our personal message system to send details privately.

Offline Marion Heddon

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 August 20 23:42 BST (UK) »
Hello ,
A few years ago I met a man called Eric Hollerton in North Shields library,he showed me lots of photos of North Shields and talked about the history of the place,
I have revisited many times and Eric if you read these boards could you please email me through here as I would like to ask you a question about a photo in your book,you quote that a Rebecca McLaughlin is in Middle Street to the left of the photo,I wondered where you got the information from and photo as I believe this may be my great Aunt ,(deceased of course,)
best wishes
   good evening,  I'm not quite sure if you will get this message but going to try,  I was Eric's carer up till 1 month ago when he was taken into hospital and sadley he passed away last week.  None of the carers knew that Eric had written books, I've been doing some research on Eric and came across you and your lovely message and thought I would try and let you know about his death.  Hope this finds you well.   Marion

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 August 20 16:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for replying to this old message, I had heard today that Eric had passed away, he was a great local historian librarian and will have pointed hundreds if not thousands of people in the right direction over the years RIP