Author Topic: Offer: History of the Parishes of Pinxton & South Normanton  (Read 58365 times)

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Offer: History of the Parishes of Pinxton & South Normanton
« on: Monday 12 July 10 19:55 BST (UK) »
I have a book titled DAY BY DAY events in the History of the Parishes of Pinxton & South Normanton. It details events and snippets of information about the people of the villages. It details various events including property sales, some eventful deaths, interesting events surrounding the people such as court cases, holiday trips, cricket matches, eventful weather etc. It covers diverse dates from the last 5 centuries. If anyone had any ancestors in these 2 villages it might be worth seeing if they are mentioned.  Provide some details and dates and I will see if they are mentioned.  Regards Trevor

Moderator Comment: title edited to remove excess capital letters.
See Topic: >>----- Guidelines for Postings / Netiquette -----<< , Reply #2 for explanation.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,123033.0.html
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline MOM OF TWO

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: PINXTON & SOUTH NORMANTON
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 July 10 21:41 BST (UK) »
Trevor, I have surname interests in the PAGE, PERKINS, TOMLINSON families who were living in the South Normanton area.

HENSTOCK, WARD, DRAYCOTT are other surnames that lived in Tibshelf, Pinxton areas.

Please could you check whether any of these surnames are mentioned in the book.

Thank You Teresa
LYMBERY.  KNIGHT,  BROOKS, COCKERTON, DRAYCOTT, PAGE, TIVEY

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE &  DERBYSHIRE

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 10:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Teresa,  I have found the following entries, but only the name TOMLINSON appears.
28 July 1896, John TOMLINSON of South Normanton was fined 10s (50p), and costs or 7 days imprisonment for poaching on land at Cornfield Hall.
5 August 1905, Mr Charles TOMLINSON of South Normanton died.
28 August, 1898 The first wedding toom place at the Bethel Chapel, South Normanton between Mr Aurthur RILEY and Miss Louise TOMLINSON, youngest daughter of My Charles TOMLINSON.
1st December 1895, John TOMLINSON preached a sermon at the Bethel Chapel, South Normanton in memory of James FRYER who was killed at the Blackwell colliery explosion.
24 December 1949, John TOMLINSON J.P. of Highland Hurst, Sth NORMANTON, died aged 88yrs. He was a member of a well known family, clerk to the ParishCouncil and School managers. He was also closely associated with Bethel Chapel.

Hope some or all of these are of interest to you. Regards Trevor
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline MOM OF TWO

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 17:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trevor, The Tomlinson family details look very promising. The Tomlinson's were devout chapel attendees and also were instrumental in this chapel being built. Thank you very much for looking this information up in your book.

Teresa
LYMBERY.  KNIGHT,  BROOKS, COCKERTON, DRAYCOTT, PAGE, TIVEY

NOTTINGHAMSHIRE &  DERBYSHIRE

Offline jadziabut

• RootsChat Extra
  • my dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 July 10 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor,
I am very interested in the Butcher family of Pinxton. George Butcher was a keen cricketer. Do you know if this book is available to buy anywhere?
Jadzia
CENDROWSKI  and ZIMMERMANN from Horozanka, Podhajce
SUMISLAWSKI from Lipica Dolna, Rohatyn
KAPERA from from Krakow, then Szyszkowce, Brody
SZCZYPKOWSKI from Krakow

Offline britannia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Hallam Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 19 July 10 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the offer mate  :)

I have many ancestors from both Pinxton and S.Normanton.

Could you please check for the following:
Wilson (believe they had a shop somewhere in Pinxton)
Donnelly
Snowden
Derbyshire
Harris
Simpson
Bradley
Lloyd
Wilde
From 1750 to 1960's please.

Thank you for your help Trevor, very much appreciated.
Regards,
Dave

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 July 10 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, Dave and Jadzia, Have only just got your messages. I will have alook for your names in the book. Regards Trevor

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 30 July 10 08:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave and Jadzia,  Unfortunately Jadzia there are no entries for you but the following may be of interest to DAVE,
17 Feb 1900  Pte rennie WILSON was killed in action.  23 Feb 1957 A fire at Mr C WILSON's chip shop in Wharf Rd, Pinxton, casused damage estimated at several thousand pounds.  24 Mar 1882 William WILSON was charged with not having proper control over his horse at Pinxton. He was asleep. He was fined £1. with 11s 6d costs ( abt 57p).  24 December 1816 At a Vestry meeting held at South Normanton to appoint a replacement for William WILSON deceased as overseer of the poor Mrs Hannah BARRETT was appointed.
20 April, 1979 A hen belonging to Mr and Mrs BRADLEY, of South Normanton laid an odd shaped egg.  30 May 1767 A few days since died at South Normanton, the noted Mrs Ann SIMPSON merchantess near 100 yrs old. She was called Merchantess from the great business she followed being that of a Wholesale Inkle(linen tape) Weaver. She left behind 11 natural children and seventy grand and great grand children..  Thats it.  Regards Trevor

Offline jadziabut

• RootsChat Extra
  • my dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 30 July 10 09:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor,

Thanks very much for looking.

Jadzia
CENDROWSKI  and ZIMMERMANN from Horozanka, Podhajce
SUMISLAWSKI from Lipica Dolna, Rohatyn
KAPERA from from Krakow, then Szyszkowce, Brody