Author Topic: Offer: History of the Parishes of Pinxton & South Normanton  (Read 58254 times)

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pinxton and South Normanton
« Reply #72 on: Friday 02 November 12 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Valerie, leave those with me and I willl get back to you. Just for your information I also have the parish registers of baptisms, burials and marriages for Pinxton should you require any look ups.  regards Trevor
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 04 November 12 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trevor

That's a very generous offer, yes please.

I am missing specific burial dates at Pinxton for
Joseph Clarke died 1908
John Charlesworth died 1901
Eliza Charlesworth 1874
William Hind 1708
Mary Hind ? (wife of William above)
Thomas Hind 1776
Dorothy Hind 1779
Thomas Hind (bpt 1726 mar 1763)
Mary Hind (bpt 1741 mar Thomas above)

it would be nice to have bpt dates circa 1890-1900 at Pinxton for
Annie Clarke
Maggie Clarke
Jane Clarke
Alfred Clarke
(I already have Lucy Clarke born 5/2/1896 and Frank Clarke born 22/12/1897)

Look forward to hearing from you

Valerie

Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 04 November 12 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi, regarding the mentions in the Pinxton and South Normanton  day by day events, I have the folllowing entries:
24 janueary, 1907, Henry BONSALL 37yrs, of South Normanton, was killed by a roof fall at 'A' Winning Colliery.
17 March, 1956, fire gutted the ground floor of 26, Church st, Pinxton, killing 72yr old James Edward CLARKE.
29 March,1842, thomas KITCHENS, was appointed leader of bellringers at South Normanton.
25 April, 1962, Ald. F.A. GENT, of Pinxton died aged 82yrs.
21 July, 1842, Mr F. A. GENT, of Pinxton, attended Buckingham Palace te receive B.E.M.
11 August, 1933, William Frank CLARKE,  aged 14 of Carter Lane Farm, South Normanton, was killed when a cycle he was riding collided with a car.
11 September, 1966, The wesleyan methodist Church, South Normantton closed. An exumation order was sought for the 2 bodies buried underneath. These were those of John CLARKE aged 17yrs who died 18 June 1846, after accidentally shooting himself and his sister aged 2 who died on 9 March 1848.
16 September, 1540, The first marriage in the South Normanton registers is that of Tristam Wyllsone and Caterine CLARKE.
6 October 1944, Levi GENT, of Kirkby Lane, Pinxton awarded a certificate and £15 for rescuing a fellow workman buried by a roof fall at Kirkby colliery.
10 October 1938 Mr F. A. GENTT appointed to the chief ARP warden for Pinxton.
Thats all in the book. Some, possibly all, may not be yours. but they are there for your information.  I will have a look at the Parish registers and get back to you on the other stuff.  Meanwhile cut and paste this into your browser address bar. It is interesting.   
http://luggysbestbuys.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/hello-world/
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Sunday 04 November 12 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Valerie, Reference your post re: Pinxton Parish registers, here is what I have:
Joseph CLARKE buried 22 January, 1908, vicar was Sidney COKE. He has a memorial at reference CY-5-12-05- No. 5 and he is linked with Eliza 12 March 1927, I assume his wife. She died on 8 March 1927, and is shown as was residing at Town Street, Pinxton. and was 83yrs.I believe there is  a photo of the memorial but I would need your e mail for me to send it. Perhaps you could send your e mail address in a PM.
Next is John CHARLESWORTH 86yrs, buried 18 March,1901, vicar Sidney COKE. No memorial.
Eliza CHARLESWORTH  buried 19 September 1874, aged 57yrs, vicar PJ Woodgate- no memorial.
No Record of William HIND 1708 but I do have a Mary HIND,widow, who died 11 September 1720, buried 13 September 1720. No memorial.
Thomas HIND buried 8 Feb 1776, aged 93yrs, no memorial.
Dorothy HIND buried 6 March 1779, no memorial
No record of your other Thomas HIND being buried but he was born 11 January, 1726   father was Thomas, mother was Dorothy. He was baptised following day on 12 january 1726. There is no record of his marriage in Pinxton. he must have married in her parish as  was common.
No trace of you Mary HIND being buried in PINXTON
There are no baptism records for any of the names you submitted in either CLARKE OR CLARK.
Reference your Lucy CLARKE I have her birth date as 5 Feb 1895 and baptism is recorded as Easter 1896, father William a miner, mother Sarah, Sidney COKE was vicar. I also have your ( Frank) Francis William CLARKE born 22.December 1897, baptised 6 February 1898, father William , mother Sarah, address Kirkby Cliff ( although I have seen reference to The Cliff, Kirkby in Ashfield)
I hope all this helps. If you require anymore. then please let me know.  I will send you my e-mail in a PM.  Regards  Trevor

Offline Designer Jeans

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We are who we are because they were who they were
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 05 November 12 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Trevor

I can't thank you enough for all the wonderful information.  I shall have a very happy time checking my tree and adding the details you have sent.

I particularly like my Thomas Kitchens being leader of the bellringers and am intrigued that my nanna, Lucy Clarke, seems to have been a year older than she thought!?  She died in 1994, just short of her 99th birthday.  She was hoping to live to be 100 and it would appear that she almost made it.

I will be in touch by PM asap

Valerie
Derbys: Ward, Hopkinson, Bradley, Birds, Clarke, Taylor, Daykin, Gent, Vardy, Cotterill, Stocks, Godber, Dronfield, Charlesworth, Bonsall, Purseglove
Notts: Clarke, Freeman, Kitchen, Allcock, Housley, Swanwick, Berrisford, Farnsworth, Antcliffe
Staffs: Nutt, Bowring
Yorks: Holling, Fish, Kay, Hardy
Lincs: Plummer, Broughton, Wellbourne

Offline silverleaf79

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 24 April 13 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor, if you're still doing lookups I'd love any information about the following people who lived in South Normanton:

Edward BACON 1738-1787, married Ann STAINROD 1739-1776
John BACON 1765-1840, Edward Bacon's son, married Elizabeth BOWERIN 1764-1852
Mary BACON 1800-1852, John Bacon's daughter, married William JOWETT 1801-1842
Sarah STORER 1710-1785 , Ann Stainrod's mother, married Thomas STAINROD 1715-1784

Thank you very much!

Roberts Jowle Wigfield Roddis

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Monday 10 June 13 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Silverleaf,  Sorry about the delay in replying but as I mentioned we are still going through the assessment process for Fostering and there is an unbelievable amount of research and work. Anyway I have a good look through the book and there are no entries for the names you have given me.  I also have records of baptisms, marriages and burials but only for PINXTON.  If you need any look ups for Pinxton then let me know.  Sorry I could not be the bearer of more positive news.  Regards  Trevor

Offline smouse

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Sunday 11 August 13 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just saw this thread and wondered if there was anything mentioned about a colliery accident in December 1858 where my ancestor Francis (Paulson, Pawson, Poulson, ...) was killed?

Damian

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Monday 12 August 13 11:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Damian,  I have checked the book and there is no mention of the accident. I have also checked the Pinxton burial records and he is not listed in those.   Regards  Trevor