Author Topic: Offer: History of the Parishes of Pinxton & South Normanton  (Read 58221 times)

Offline marp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Offer: History of the Parishes of Pinxton & South Normanton
« Reply #90 on: Friday 13 October 17 05:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I am not sure whether your book covers what I am looking for.   I am particularly interested in Langton Hall (sometimes seen as in Pinxton sometimes viewed as in Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Notts) which was old even by around 1700.   The reason for my interest is that I am descended from Joseph Millns who married Ann Hodgkinson on 30 November 1788 at St Peter & St Paul's church in Mansfield.  I can find little on Ann Hodgkinson except she was 28 at the time of marriage making her birthdate 1760. 
Stephen Glover the historian wrote a pedigree of the Millns family.   He noted that at the time of the marriage Ann Hodgkinson was 'of Langton Hall'.   However, there seems no evidence to back this up.

If you have any records relating to Langton Hall or any Hodkinsons who might have lived there in the 1700s I would be most grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks, marp

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 02 November 17 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marp........nothing much I'm afraid, But the address is Langton hall Kirby lane Pinxton....and appears to be now a collection of cottages........If you Google Langton Hall and scroll around \ bit..there are some interesting snippets and photographs to be found..probably not of much use to you..but interesting. If you get through the initial garbage about House sales etc..there may be something by scrolling onto the succeeding pages.
Best of luck
Derek.
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline Djspears

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Friday 22 May 20 05:58 BST (UK) »
I am not sure if you are still on but I'm looking for the Ball family. I know of Thomas born 1665 and died January 11, 1711?  William Ball born June 25, 1705 and died March 28,1783. And more.

Thank you,
Danielle

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Saturday 23 May 20 11:54 BST (UK) »
Earliest I have is Robert Ball married Esther Wright (from Alfreton) in Pinxton June 26th 1792. Seven known children all Pinxton between 1794 and 1806

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson