Author Topic: RONEY DUDLEY BASHFORD MCBRIDE family  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Miss May

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RONEY DUDLEY BASHFORD MCBRIDE family
« on: Tuesday 13 July 10 07:56 BST (UK) »
Hello All

I am searching for a death date and place of Phyllis Eva May RONEY (my ggrandmother), b.1894 Norwood SA, and married to #1. Charles Walter DUDLEY 1913 Bunbury WA, #2 Robert George Newman BASHFORD 1925 Wollongong NSW, #3 James MCBRIDE 1936 Wallsend, NSW. I have her documented on the electoral roll in Shortland, Newcastle NSW in 1954, and a relative's account of her alive in 1957/58 and living in Sydney. This is where I have hit a brick wall. Phyllis had at least 5 children from her second marriage to Robert BASHFORD  (*) researching them can probably wait for another day - it's really some pointers on finding where and when Phyllis died that I'm seeking. I have searched under all her names and usual permutations in SA, WA and NSW, but am wondering if she is hiding behind a trancription error somewhere. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Lee

Moderator Comment: (*) Names of possible living persons removed as per RootsChat Policy.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,368728.msg2632620.html#msg2632620
Mowbray (Chester le Street UK, Newcastle NSW), Roney (SA and WA, Sussex UK), Dudley (NSW, WA, Scotland), Geaghan (NSW, County Clare, Ireland), Pigram (NSW). Additional names: Lynch, Sugden, Ballard, Givnan, Docherty, Cowling, Singleton, Smith. And everyone else in between.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: RONEY DUDLEY BASHFORD MCBRIDE
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi
Not sure whether you have considered seeking your information through descendants still living ..

You have listed some names of the children  of the 1925 marriage which eded in divorce in 1936, (the one to JAMES McBRIDE taking place the same year.)

One of the people you have listed died in 2004 and this link to a 'tribute notice" for him  will give you a number of family names as well as the deceased man's place of residence.

You may decide to search White pages etc. to make contact and ask for information..

http://www.onlinememorials.com.au/detail.asp?Ref=2545

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Miss May

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 09:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your efforts Sue.
I would love to make enquiries of the living if they are amenable. I am descended from Phylllis' first marriage and had not known until this year of the existence of others... I'm plugging away slowly.
Thanks again
Lee
Mowbray (Chester le Street UK, Newcastle NSW), Roney (SA and WA, Sussex UK), Dudley (NSW, WA, Scotland), Geaghan (NSW, County Clare, Ireland), Pigram (NSW). Additional names: Lynch, Sugden, Ballard, Givnan, Docherty, Cowling, Singleton, Smith. And everyone else in between.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 09:39 BST (UK) »
You may be interested to glance at this link.

I can see in WA the marriage you have referred to of RONEY to DUDLEY and I would say, if you are descended from them, your information is correct.

The link elow is I think, yet another example of  seriously flawed "Trees" which are published on the web daily.

It shows an entirely different pedigree for PHYLLIS.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~pobjoyoneill/salt.htm#i786

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Miss May

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: RONEY DUDLEY BASHFORD MCBRIDE family
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hi again Sue
I know the tree to which you linked and yes it's not correct - Phyllis was definitely born in SA as a RONEY and moved to Collie WA as a child. There have been many inaccuracies for this family tree, perhaps due to the numerous instances of undissolved marriages before remarriage... But it makes it very interesting in the unravelling (and very expensive to get all the certs to fix up the mistakes).
Thanks again for looking
Lee

Offline Madgecod

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: RONEY DUDLEY BASHFORD MCBRIDE family
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 06:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Lee,
My name is Alison Wood nee McBride. James McBride, Phyllis' last husband, is my great grandfather. I'd love to be in contact with you!!