Author Topic: Elizabeth de Ste Croix  (Read 4142 times)

Offline MaxiTec

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth de Ste Croix
« on: Tuesday 13 July 10 21:09 BST (UK) »
We are looking for any details of Elizabeth de Ste Croix who was the mother of Maximillian Laserson (b. 1899).

We believe that Elizabeth de Ste Croix left Jersey with Max's German father (presumably Herr Laserson) and understand that both father and son died in the 1st World War, serving in the German forces.

Offline Douce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth de Ste Croix
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 October 10 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I have details of Elizabeth de Ste Croix.  She was a great aunt of mine; her brother, John was my great grandfather.  She was the 6th child of 10 children born to John Charles Philip de Ste Croix and Matilda Grimmond of St Helier.  I know where she was in the 1901 census, but don't have any reference to her after that.  I'd be interested to know about the Lasersons.  I know that Max was born in Germany in 1899, but that's the sum of my knowledge.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards.
Yvonne

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 October 10 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi I too am related to the St Helier branch of the de Ste Croix family my oldest ancester that I have been able to trace is Matthieu de Ste Croix who married Francois Cosnet. Do you have any connections to this matthieu? Thanks

Offline Douce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 November 10 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lisa

My St Helier branch of de Ste Croix does have a Matthieu, but he was married to Marie de Ste Croix.
Kind regards.

Yvonne

Offline Robbster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 July 18 21:18 BST (UK) »
Hi, I may be able to add something about Elizabeth de Ste Croix.  She was my great grandfather's sister and I have photos of her with Max taken in 1916.  He is wearing a British army uniform and was 18 at the time.  On the back of one of the photos is written: "Max, aunt Lizzie's son.  Died August 1918".  The odd thing is by this time she was married to Henry Gee (called Harry) and on the 1911 census Max is Max Gee.  At that time the three of them were living in St Pancras, London.  I'm 95% sure this is the same Elizabeth and Max as in 1901 census she is listed as Elizabeth Laserson and was living in St Helier with her mum, Matilda de Ste Croix, my great, great grandmother, and with her son, Max Laserson. I would be interested in finding out if any of you have any more information on Elizabeth, Henry or Max.

Offline Douce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 July 18 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hello

Thank you so much for your very interesting post.  Elizabeth was the sister of my great grandfather, too.  I think it will be best if we email each other.  If you reply to this post on the Forum, you will then be able to send me a private message.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Offline Robbster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 July 18 13:17 BST (UK) »
Hi, Yvonne (Douce). 
I am new to this forum and I'm not sure how to email you direct.  I see I need to post 3 times before I can use the personal messaging facility.  This is my second post.  I'll send another one later today and hopefully then I'll be able to PM you.

Carol (Robbster)

Offline Douce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 July 18 13:59 BST (UK) »
That's great!

Yvonne