Author Topic: BBC TV "WDYTYA?" Series 8 Episode #1: - Bruce Forsyth  (Read 48475 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Who Do You Think You Are 8 - Bruce Forsyth
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 15 July 10 22:22 BST (UK) »
Xin I was just reading down your letter there and you hit it on the nail at the end

I enjoyed Barbara Windsor

and also Jeromy Irons

I can take Bruce in small dose's i thought he was a bit arragent at times last night and showing off and the poor little wifie who makes is porridge in the morning if he had spoke to me like that I know where i would have told him to put it
mind you he has two lovely homes hasn't he
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Flakdodger

• RootsChat Senior
  • Bo.... Odd eyes - odd brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 16 July 10 00:05 BST (UK) »
Anyone know what the full list for this new series is?
And I hope that we will get to see the full series of the U.S. ones, a new perspective is always interesting.
Secretly, I am looking forward to some celeb making a spectacle of themselves hissy-fitting about their family history not being what it ought to have been - remember the John Hurt episode?
Dave
The only free cheese is in a mousetrap

Offline jubee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 16 July 10 00:15 BST (UK) »
I think we are missing the point slightly. Genealogy is not about trying to find the amazing ancestor, if we do find something interesting then all well and good. And let's face it, if we are truly honest then genealogy can be egotistical  :o . And those in show business are even more so!!!!
I think the journey of discovery is more important and if more people decide to take up the hobby which I'm now totally addicted to, as I've no doubt everyone on Rootschat is as well, then I don't knock other people's efforts in trying to find out their family history however annoying the person maybe........there is the on/off button on their tv's if they don't want to watch it  ;D

Offline danuslave

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My fashion sense isn't any better now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 16 July 10 00:35 BST (UK) »
From wikipedia, the new series covers

Bruce Forsyth, Rupert Everett, Monty Don, Jason Donovan, Hugh Quarshie, Rupert Penry-Jones, Dervla Kirwan, Alan Cumming and Alexander Armstrong.

Linda
MOXHAM/MOXAM - Wiltshire & Surrey
SKEATS - Surrey
BRETT - Kent & County Durham
and
SWINBANK - anywhere

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 16 July 10 06:49 BST (UK) »
•Alan Cumming (Take The High Road, X-Men 2)  ok
•Alexander Armstrong (The Armstrong and Miller Show, Have I Got News For You)
•Dervla Kirwan (Ballykinsangel, The Silence)
•Hugh Quarshie (Holby City)
•Jason Donovan (Neighbours, several West End musicals)
•Monty Don (Gardeners' World, Mastercrafts)
•Rupert Everett (The Madness of King George, My Best Friend's Wedding)
•Rupert Penry-Jones

heres the new list

xin

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 16 July 10 07:05 BST (UK) »
Looking forward to the new series
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 16 July 10 08:05 BST (UK) »
How exciting - a new series.  ;D Although I'm in Australia I hope to be able to view this by other means.  ;)

I can't stand Bruce Forsyth either but some of the best WDYTYAs are about people I don't know or don't like.

I am not particularly interested in the other celebs on the list (the ones I've heard of that is  :)) but I do wonder why they are doing Jason Donovan as he's an Australian. Isn't Donovan an Irish name? I expect they'll just concentrate on his UK roots. (OK, I just sussed it ... his father Terence, also an actor, was born in England).

I didn't like Jeremy Irons - I thought he was a bit of an old misery guts and another one who was desperate for Irish ancestors. I liked his dogs though.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 16 July 10 08:21 BST (UK) »
I think we are missing the point slightly. Genealogy is not about trying to find the amazing ancestor, if we do find something interesting then all well and good.

I agree with jubee. And I felt the first one or two series concentrated on more or less British social history and the methods and resources of research. it was seeing how ordinary people lived and worked which was the most interesting part for me. I could relate that to how my forebears had lived. The earlier programmes researched several lines of a family; as we know, we do all have 4 grandparents & 8 great grandparents, not only the one who made history. The programme lost its way a bit when the single 'amazing ancestor' hunt took over as well as much of some programmes being researched abroad.

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Matt R

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 16 July 10 09:21 BST (UK) »
I think we'll have to wait and see.

I cannot stand Chris Moyles, but found his episode one of the most moving yet to be televised.

As for Brucie, it should be nice to see it, to see it...........

;D

Reayboy.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk