Author Topic: BAILEY Family from Holt  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Kiaya

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BAILEY Family from Holt
« on: Tuesday 13 July 10 22:36 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace the father of a John Bailey born c1630.  He married Elizabeth Flower in Devizes in 1655.  There were two John Baileys at around the same time in Holt.
I know that my John had a father by the name of William but I have no idea where in Wiltshire he was from.
Can anyone help?

Offline Baileyfamilytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BAILEY Family from Holt
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 07:47 GMT (UK) »
I believe as per John's Baptism record in Holt 28 mar 1630 His Fathers name was William. This is the fathest I have gotten back in my Bailey Line.
John and Elizabeth Flower were married in Devizes St John, Wiltshire   24 Jan 1655.
John Died in Holy in 1712

Offline Kiaya

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am so pleased to hear from you.  When you say that John baptism record reads John Bailey 1630 son of William, where did you get that from?
I have transcripts of the Parish Records and the entry for John dated then is blank with no father's name.
If you have seen a name for the father that is great.  I was left not knowing if it was my John or the other John Bailey in Holt who I believe was the son of John.  This other John married Ann Earle in Holt.
I would love to hear from you again if we share the same ancestry.  Have you managed to get back with Elizabeth Flower's family?  I found loads of information about them which I will gladly share with you.

Sue

Offline Baileyfamilytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 March 11 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Hey I will check my Sources. Im wondering if this is they same Sue Ive been in contact with before.
Roy

Offline Kiaya

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 March 11 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Roy,
Yes I think we have been in contact beore but I'm not sure which Roy you are.
My email is (*)
If you email me we can catch up and I can give you other information which you may not have.
Would love to hear from you
Regards, Sue

Moderator Comment: email address removed to help prevent spam and other abuses. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

Offline Kiaya

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 March 13 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roy,
I am still trying to find my William Bailey, father of John Bailey born c 1630 who lived in Holt. There were two John Baileys in Holt at the same time and as the Parish records only show a baptism for a John Bailey but no other details I think this may have been the other John who I believe was the son of another John Bailey.  This second John married an Ann Earle and they had two children.
I suspect that our John and his father were incommers to Holt as there is no record of William there.
Any ideas?