Author Topic: CARVER Family - Bulphan to Ilford  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Daisy Dee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
CARVER Family - Bulphan to Ilford
« on: Thursday 31 March 05 17:39 BST (UK) »
 Thomas CARVER b 1771 Bulphan . He farmed Castles Farm along with one of his son Thomas b 1814. Another of his sons William b 1821 became a butcher and moved into East Hrondon across to Little Ilford where he had 9 children. All the Carver children were christened in St Dunstan Stepney. Through out the census the place of birth can be found as Manor Park , Stratford or Forest Gate. They marry within the West Ham district .

John Carver one of Williams son b 1854 also a butcher marries Ellen PIPE ( a butchers daughter ) This couple have 7 sons between 1879 & 1892.

Arthur Henry CARVER b 1883 Stratford becomes a baker . He & his father earn themselves tremendous respect through out Forest Gate's busniess community - so said the Ilford Gazette on the annoucement of  Arthur Carver's marriage to Daisy Isabel TAYLOR  8th July 1907 . Daisy had just one child Midred Carver before her untimely death. Henry remarried in 1933 by then he owned a chain of restaurants . They had a further 2 children.

There must be CARVERS descendant from John's other SIX boys:

John Albert CARVER b Stratford - a Journey Bakerman in the 1901 census living at home with parents in Leytonstone

Walter CARVER b 1882 Stratford

Frank CARVER b 1887 Stratford

William Horace b 1889 Stratford

Sidney G b 1892 Leytonstone.

Would love to connect to anyone with a CARVER connection to those from Bulphan, Little Ilford, Forest Gate, Stratford, Manor Park & Leytonstone.

Much happiness
Debi
For every ancestor I find , I have to find two more.

Offline Nick Carver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: CARVER Family - Bulphan to Ilford
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 August 06 10:47 BST (UK) »
Debi

My Carvers were farmers on Norfolk/Suffolk border. Perhaps there is some link between your family and mine? Thomas was used commonly as a boy's name, although there is nothing unusual about that.

Nick
E Yorks - Carver, Steels, Cross, Maltby, Whiting, Moor, Laybourn
W Yorks - Wilkinson, Kershaw, Rawnsley, Shaw
Norfolk - Carver, Dowson
Cheshire - Berry, Cooper
Lincs - Berry
London/Ireland/Scotland/Lincs - Sullivan
Northumberland/Durham - Nicholson, Cuthbert, Turner, Robertson
Berks - May
Beds - Brownell

Offline crystal50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 November 12 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nick. I am also tracing my Carver family... William Carver arrived in Australia in 1880 aged 36yrs. His father was Thomas and mother Jane from Bulphan Essex UK.  He married in 1893 to Elsie Smith in Adelaide and had 3 children Ruby Haidee, Hypatia and Clement Bulphan. He passed away in 1916in South Australia. I have no idea whether other members of his family came to Australia or not? 
William Carver is my great great grandfather and it seems to me this thread may be related to my line...heres hoping
Cain-USA to Australia
Carver - Australia
Nawell- Australia and beyond
Knight- Limerick to Australia
Stuart- Scotland to Australia
Aitken- Scotland to Australia
Driscoll
Fitzpatrick - County Cork to Australia
Crooks-Australia
Gruen or Green- Austria to Australia

Offline Nick Carver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 November 12 14:23 GMT (UK) »
I don't have a William born about the right time or a suitably dated Thomas in my PAF at present. This isn't to say that they aren't part of my tree; it's just that the connection (if any) remains to be proven. In terms of their location, William's birth in 1844 is a bit further from the roots of my tree to be clearly indicative of a link, but that was about the time that a lot of people were moving off the land and to more industrial areas. My mob moved to Hull and another branch moved to Tyneside in the 1840s. Let's just note one another's interests and await further information.
E Yorks - Carver, Steels, Cross, Maltby, Whiting, Moor, Laybourn
W Yorks - Wilkinson, Kershaw, Rawnsley, Shaw
Norfolk - Carver, Dowson
Cheshire - Berry, Cooper
Lincs - Berry
London/Ireland/Scotland/Lincs - Sullivan
Northumberland/Durham - Nicholson, Cuthbert, Turner, Robertson
Berks - May
Beds - Brownell

Offline lynn melanie

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 February 21 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbi
I've just started looking into my family tree and came across your research. I am the granddaughter of William Horace Carver. He married Emily Colloff in 1917 and they had two children, Olive born in 1918 and Bernard (my father) born in 1927. Sadly, William died in 1937 when my Dad was 10 and details of the families whereabouts from 1939 - 1959 are quite sketchy. Both my Dad and Olive have passed away leaving many unanswered questions and regret on my part that I didn't start this search sooner! I do have memories of Olive speaking fondly of living above a bakery when she was a child which I guess was one of Arthur's shops.
Would love to get in touch and find out more information. I'm intrigued to know more about the bakery and restaurant business!
Lynn