Author Topic: looking for hutchins family.  (Read 5973 times)

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: looking for hutchins family.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 July 10 17:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Grace

You have made incredibly quick progress on both the Canadian side and now here on the possible details for the Hutchins side  :)

People helping out can bring you lots of details that you can then build on to do your own research. There is only so much though that people can contribute at this stage without information being verified through birth/marriage certificates for example.

As has happened on the Canadian side with Samuel McMillan, where there is more than one possible candidate, you need to verify information before you can proceed further. As Suz said earlier, if you are not careful, your research can end up just being guesses and you can easily go down the wrong line.

Ordering the marriage cert for Frederick and Rose Ada would be a good start for you at this point.  It will let you confirm both their fathers' names to then hopefully work back to their families with confidence.

This is your own research - we can only help out with advice and suggestions :)

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Grace McMillan

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 January 13 23:33 GMT (UK) »
does anyone know if frederick james hutchins born 1896, had any brothers or sisters, any help on this wud be great.x
Grace Olivia McMillan!x

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 January 13 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Have you not checked the census records that were suggested in 2010?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Grace McMillan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 January 13 23:53 GMT (UK) »
i only have free accounts so wudnt be able to check to his brothers and sisters, can you help?
Grace Olivia McMillan!x

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 21 January 13 00:10 GMT (UK) »
You've been given advice earlier which you seem to ignore-
If your ancestor was born in 1896, you should hopefully be able to see him on the 1901 census with his parents, and any other siblings born before April 1901.  You can view and search the 1901 census on sites like Ancestry, Find My Past, The Genealogist, Genes Reunited, etc.  You can either view "Pay as you go" or purchase a year's subscription.  If you want to find your ancestor on the 1911 census, then you currently only have the choice of Find My Past or Genes Reunited.

As Nick says, there are several sources for 1901 census and you can also check to see if your local library subscribes to Ancestry Library Edition to look at 1901 and earlier census records.
However, 1911 census look-up requests are not permitted here.
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,355486.0.html

Have you gotten the marriage certificate as was also suggested?
Ordering the marriage cert for Frederick and Rose Ada would be a good start for you at this point.  It will let you confirm both their fathers' names to then hopefully work back to their families with confidence.

Offline Grace McMillan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 January 13 00:20 GMT (UK) »
i dont have the money for like paying for like pay as you or or yearly!!! cant you check for me?
Grace Olivia McMillan!x

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 January 13 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked with your local library to see if they subscribe to Ancestry Library Edition? or other databases?

Many of us here do not have the money to search for our own families either and it's unreasonable to expect us to do all your research when you haven't even gotten the marriage certificate mentioned earlier which would confirm if you are searching for the correct people.

As Monica said:
People helping out can bring you lots of details that you can then build on to do your own research. There is only so much though that people can contribute at this stage without information being verified through birth/marriage certificates for example.

As has happened on the Canadian side with Samuel McMillan, where there is more than one possible candidate, you need to verify information before you can proceed further. As Suz said earlier, if you are not careful, your research can end up just being guesses and you can easily go down the wrong line.

This is your own research - we can only help out with advice and suggestions :)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 21 January 13 00:57 GMT (UK) »
I notice he was old enough to have served in the first world war, was he in the Royal Navy would you know ???

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/royal-naval-seamen.htm ................ could this be him (using the search box at the bottom of the page)?

If you think that is him then you can play around with the free 1911 census index at http://www.familysearch.org

Better still is the free 1911 census index at http://www.1911census.co.uk where you can look for a Frederick HUTCHINS born Hampshire c1896 give or take a couple of years.  Once you find somebody who you think may be him you can the use the advanced person search and enter his name and area where he is living as the "other person in household" to see if you can find any others in the household and also use relationships to try and work out who and how people in the same household are related to each other.  You can then go back to http://www.familysearch.org to try and get birthplaces for these people from their free 1911 census index then you're on your way until you can manage to get a marriage certificate for him ;)

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Grace McMillan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 15:54 GMT (UK) »
was told by my mum last night that frederick had 4 other siblings, mabel, james, kath, hilda, their parents had 5 children in 7 years, is it poaaible you cud find d.o.b's for them plz?
Grace Olivia McMillan!x