Author Topic: ledwidge/fitzgerald family  (Read 2339 times)

Offline camille

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ledwidge/fitzgerald family
« on: Tuesday 20 July 10 00:05 BST (UK) »
I AM TRYING TO TRACE MY FAMILY UNABLE TO FIND OUT ABOUT GRANDAD CHRISTOPHER LEDWIDGE MARRIED TO CATHERINE FITZGERALD,THEY HAD SIX/SEVEN I KNOW GRANDAD HAD TWO BROTHERS PATRICK MARRIED TO A JOANNE FICKERY/FEEKERY JOHNMARRIED TO ANNIE QUINN I HAVE MOST OF THERE CHILDRENS NAMES BUT UNABLE GO BACK NOT FOUND MARRAIGE CERT. CHRISTOPHERS FAMILY BORN IN TANNY LANE LUCAN, COOLDRINAGH,OLD SPA. PATRICKS FAMILY PRIMROSE LANE,LUCAN,OLD SPA,THE GRANGE. I HAVE GOD PARENTS NAMES ALSO CAN ANYONE HELP BELIEVE GRANDAD WENT AWAY FOR WORK BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?????

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ledwidge/fitzgerald family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 July 10 00:39 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. I've moved your post from Ireland Resources board since that's a place to post resources not queries. Please remember that Rootschat isn't a forum for tracing people so you aren't allowed to post details of living people here. Also, typing everything in capitals is considered shouting and should be avoided since you won't want to appear rude.
Let's start with your granfather Christopher Ledwidge.
There are 6 Christopher Ledwidges in 1911 census but only two in Lucan D.E.D., Co. Dublin (Doddsborough townland)-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Lucan/Doddsborough/3939/
Christopher Ledwidge (age 44), wife Catherine (age 34), children John (11), Christopher (9), Mary (7), William (5), William (5), Joseph (4) and baby Annie. The census also says that Christopher and Catherine married c1894.
And in 1901 Christopher, Catherine and John are in Lucan-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Lucan/Lucan_Petty_Common/1267688/

The closest match I can find for Christopher's birth so far is a Christopher Ledwich born 11 June 1868, son of John Ledwich and Anne Comisky (they also had a son Simon Ledwidge born 23 July 1873).
Christopher's marriage certificate should list his father's name.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline camille

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 July 10 01:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that i read it wrong about capitals thanks for putting me right, the name comisky comes up on some info i have already is there anything else youy may find out please let me know  :)

Offline camille

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 July 10 01:27 BST (UK) »
looking at my listing Simon Ledwidge, Bridget Comminsky, Marie Comminsky are noted as godparents to some  of Christopher,John and Patrick's  children it also looks like Simon and Bridget married with just the info you have given me it ties them together thanks.can you help with Catherine Fitzgerald told by uncle she wouldn't come over to England when family did  and moved back to skerries?

Offline nicaron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 September 20 12:16 BST (UK) »
hi camille

i am the great granddaughter of patrick ledwidge   :)