Author Topic: Priscilla McCarthy  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Priscilla McCarthy
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 July 10 17:42 BST (UK) »

I can't see the 1911 image, does Priscilla say she is married, widowed or single?

Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline HistoryKaye

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 July 10 17:44 BST (UK) »
married - she's listed as priscilla gribble

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Finder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 July 10 01:37 BST (UK) »
Was John Gribble born in Cornwall?, if it's the one I was looking at it seems he had a twin brother ( Nicholas ), not there in 1881 census but appears in 1891 census, same address, but John appears to be down Devon way as a servant aged 14, did he run away from home?, escaping seems to be his forte  :)

look at 1911 census for Emma Gribble, she says a child has died, who? ( if I have the right family )

or am I confusing myself here

still suspicious of George Gribble in the Australian army, dated 1915 - 1916, says born in Cornwall, aged 37, hmmm

James

Offline HistoryKaye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 July 10 15:57 BST (UK) »
No he was born in Bedford (though way back the Gribbles hailed from Crediton, Devon). His parents and siblings by 1890's moved to Barrow in Furness, Cumbria (where my dad, though not a Gribble) was born

they sure got about

Offline Finder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 July 10 08:33 BST (UK) »
ah, righto, made a great fiction story though  :), sorry on the mix up, so the George Gribble in Australia is a non event

James

Offline HistoryKaye

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 July 10 14:36 BST (UK) »
well you never know - i keep all gribble refs on the back burner! Though they tend to turn up all over the place ....