Author Topic: Teulu Isallt Fawr, Cwm Pennant  (Read 11570 times)

Offline hessel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Teulu Isallt Fawr, Cwm Pennant
« on: Wednesday 21 July 10 10:36 BST (UK) »
Newydd ddarganfod fod Robert Dafydd (c1654-1738) yn hen daid x 7 i mi. Mae son mae tad Dafydd oedd Dafydd ap Cadwaladr Fychan (1565 - 1635?) a bod y teulu felly yn hanu o linach Owain Gwynedd a'i fab Rhodri. Wedi cysylltu a llyfrau achau T Ceiri Grifith a J E Edwards a Hanes Eifionydd gan Colin Gresham ond wedi methu profi y cyswllt rhwng Robert Dafydd a'i dad hyd yn hyn.

Gan fod gymaint o deluoedd Eifionydd yn hanu o Isallt Fawr, tybed a oes rhywun ar Rootschat a all fy helpu?

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Teulu Isallt Fawr, Cwm Pennant
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 July 10 22:02 BST (UK) »
Hi
Gweler:

freespace.virgin.net/r.cadwalader/cadtree.htm

Rhan ohonno wedi ei bastio isod.

Over the past twenty five years my brother John and myself have researched the parish registers, Bishop's Tanscripts, wills and letters of administration, housed at The National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth, mostly covering the area of the old commote of Eifionydd in South Caernarfonshire. These documents have been studied over the years by men such as Myrddin Bardd, J.E.Griffiths, Alltud Eifion, Colin Gresham and many others and their findings published. Sometimes conclusions are just copied or sometimes contradicted. In recent years Professor T.Ceiri Griffith has done extensive work, first published in 1989 in his book "Achau ac Ewyllysau Teuluoedd De Sir Caernarvon" and in his new book published this year (2004) which I have not yet seen.
Research into the documents at the National Library, locating gravestones and agreement by T.Ceiri Griffith's work confirms that our most direct line starts from Cwm Pennant. (a valley in the foothills of Snowdonia) with Robert David (1654-1738) of "ISALLT" in the parish of Llanfihangel y Pennant. These records do not go further back and it is neccesary then to connect with one of the well known pedigrees of the local landed gentry. We suspected that Robert David's father was David Fychan (Vaughan) of Glasfryn whose lineage is well documented and authenticated. Others were on the same track (Maredudd ap Rheinallt and Prof Griffiths). In the latter's new book this connection is taken as proven so therefore it is possible to go as far back as one wants to, through Owen Gwynedd, prince of North Wales in the 12th C, to the ancient Kings of Britain. It is also possible to trace a line to the English King, Edward the First.
EmyrBorth

Offline GAR1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Teulu Isallt Fawr, Cwm Pennant
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 June 19 17:20 BST (UK) »
Methu agor y wefan: 'http://freespace.virgin.net/r.cadwalader/cadtree.htm#top'.

Pa mor gadarn yw'r cyswllt rhwng Robert Dafydd, Isallt Fawr a Dafydd Fychan, Glasfryn Fawr? Mae hwn yn gwestiwn sylfaenol oherwydd bod cymaint yn dibynnu ar y cyswllt yma.

Yn llyfr T. Ceiri Griffith (2003), mae'r cysylltiad yn weddol glir ar dudalen [236], h.y. Robert ap Dafydd ap Cadwalader ap Thomas ap Cadwalader ap Meredydd. Eto, yn y cyfeiriadau yng nghefn y llyfr, mae son yn y 'Caernarvonshire Quarter Session Records, 5 Mawrth 1716' am Robert ap Dafydd ap Rhydderch ap Richard o Isallt (Cyfeiriadau *12 [8]).