Author Topic: John JONES, Cadoxton juxta Neath  (Read 21782 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: John JONES, Cadoxton juxta Neath
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 19:24 BST (UK) »
Just chatting to my husband about this problem. Do you think it possible that Morgan was the illegitimate child of Gwenllian Curtis and that John Jones married her soon after Morgan's birth? Morgan may have been the name of Morgan's father?  No, that is incorrect - that Gwenllian Curtis had married a Morgan and then married John Jones?

Would it be possible to check Morgan's birth at all please?

I believe it was the IGI but I have a Gwenllian Curtis b/bpt 1805 and Catherine Curtis b/bpt 1813 daus of Hugh Curtis.

Thanks so much for what you have done for me so far.  It is much appreciated.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 09:50 BST (UK) »
yattonharry,
if you send me your e.mail via private message will send images of both marriage records.

Re William Curtis, witness, the 1841 Census (HO107 1421 10/6 4) has

William Curtis, 60, Farmer
Alice Curtis, 72,
Watkin Jones, 35, Boatman
Address Pentreclwyda, Cadoxton, Neath Middle, all born Glamorgan.

Will check further for Morgan's birth and possible earlier marriage for Gwenllian.

regards     

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 16:37 BST (UK) »
I just wish to thank you very much hanes teulu for all your information, so kindly given. 

I have now been able to research myself at Neath and Swansea and have the Birth Certificate of Mary as well as her Baptism.  I have the position on a map of Bryrhug or rhig and of other adresses. 

Also I have now accepted that there was an error on the PR regarding Gwenllian Curtis marriage to John Jones.

Just thank you.

WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline cwtch

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Truth Sets Us Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 29 October 10 16:36 BST (UK) »
yatonbarry, as an xBarrian i wonder if you could help me, i noticed you know quite a bit about cadoxton. I was raised at number 9 brock street my family were Cradock (Creddy) and Katherine Price nee Rafferty. They were settled Gypsies that lived in Williams cottage.
I am trying to find out the history of our cottage and any info on my family, also any photos of the cottage and family.
Thank You

This is my class photo
Came from Cadoxton S. Wales. Moved to England in 1966.
Moved to Florida in 1970
Moved and settled in Toronto in 1971
I have been married for over 40 years and we have 2 wonderful boys and one granddaughter
Surnames....Price, Evon, Shatten, Lee, Riley, Burton, Ayres, Smith, Loveridge, Rafferty,

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 16 December 11 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for delay, but I haven't seen you message until now.  I am talking about Cadoxton Juxta Neath and not Cadoxton Juxta Barry.

I will ask my cousin about the picture though.

Jill

Offline revlac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 14 May 16 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill
Just seen your post, just wondering is William Curtis and Catherine Davies (nee Curtis) related to John Jones and Gwenllian?

Regards
Helen
Markin, Durrant, Rooks, Jones, Thomas (South Wales)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 14 May 16 13:44 BST (UK) »
This has revived a few memories!!

Offline revlac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 14 May 16 18:49 BST (UK) »
I know I just totally forgot all about it what with other family commitments and all, its only been the last couple of days that I've started looking into the family tree again, so I do apologise to those for not responding a lot earlier.
Markin, Durrant, Rooks, Jones, Thomas (South Wales)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 03 January 17 08:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jill
Just seen your post, just wondering is William Curtis and Catherine Davies (nee Curtis) related to John Jones and Gwenllian?

Regards
Helen
Hello Helen, Yes that marriage of William Curtis to Catherine Davies has been noted and I believe that Catherine and Gwenllian are sisters. This is off top of my head but will check further.  So sorry not to have got back before now, but at ths time I was in hospital and if your message came I didn't see it at all. Just been browsing and came across yours and hanes teulu's messages. Apologies.
Regards Jill