Author Topic: Giltrap ancestors  (Read 4122 times)

Offline dermotto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Giltrap ancestors
« on: Wednesday 21 July 10 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I am new to this,
I am trying to get more information on my granmothers family of Giltrap of Elverstown Ballymore Eustace, where I live,  I'm OK back to  the early 1800s based on a copy of a will by William Giltrap, dated 1828, married to Anne Boothman circa 1788, which names all his children. how would I find his siblings names? I believe his fathers name was William, married to Hanna Wright. Family graves in Hollywood Co Wicklow.
D.
Giltrap, O'Neill, Carter,McKenna, Anderson and Wilson

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Giltrap ancestors
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 July 10 22:33 BST (UK) »
have you seen the 31 entries for Giltrap in Co Wicklow on International Genealogical Index / British Isles - 31   see www.familysearch.com

Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline John Rutherford

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 February 15 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi D

my ancestors the rutherfords also lived in elverstown so far dating back to 1798. John rutherford of elverstown is listed in the 1798 request for compensation after the rising .

He is also listed in the british house of commons records from 1807 of payments to staff including one John rutherford of elverstown chief constable for uppercross barony .

I havnt managed to get further back at this point. The rutherfords wilsons and giltraps lived on the townland of elverstown ballymore eustace.

rgds John Rutherford     

Offline roberta halpenny

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 April 21 20:29 BST (UK) »
HI
You have a copy of the will by WILLIAM GILTRAP AND ANN BOOTHMAN - DOES IT NAME THEIR CHILDREN? Margaret Esther Giltrap 1781-1841 married to William Ousley Halpenny 1777
AND possibly their grandchildren?

Hi all, I am new to this,
I am trying to get more information on my granmothers family of Giltrap of Elverstown Ballymore Eustace, where I live,  I'm OK back to  the early 1800s based on a copy of a will by William Giltrap, dated 1828, married to Anne Boothman circa 1788, which names all his children. how would I find his siblings names? I believe his fathers name was William, married to Hanna Wright. Family graves in Hollywood Co Wicklow.
D.

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 April 21 21:52 BST (UK) »
all i could find was
I tried to check out two recordshttp://titheapplotmentbooks.nationalarchives.ie/search/tab/index.jsp
among the 1824  1834 residents in Elverstown Burgage Wicklow are listed but when its detail is opened the originals don’t appear to have the correct year. please check the transcript and each original
Giltrap   Richd      Burgage   Wicklow to pay £1.8s.10p   
Giltrap   Richard   Elverstown   Burgage Wicklow Richard pays for Mrs Newtown 1861
Giltrap   Richd      Elverstown   Burgage Wicklow Richard pays for Mrs Newtown    may 1868
Giltrap   Richard   Elverstown   Burgage   Wicklow   
Giltrap   Richard   Elverstown   Burgage   Wicklow has date 186 looks like rubber stamp

some 20 or 30 years later in 1854
https://www.failteromhat.com/post1845.php  the giltraps are living just in two townlands in separate parishes in the county
Giltrap   Robert      Mullycagh Lower   Hollywood   Wicklow
Giltrap   Robert, Jr.   Mullycagh Lower   Hollywood   Wicklow
Giltrap   Thomas   Mullycagh Lower   Hollywood   Wicklow
Giltrap   Joseph      Mullycagh Lower   Hollywood   Wicklow
Giltrap   John, Jr.   Mullycagh Lower   Hollywood   Wicklow
Giltrap   Thomas   Merginstown Demesne   Dunlavin   Wicklow
Giltrap   John      Mullycagh Lower   Hollywood   Wicklow
Giltrap   Robert      Merginstown Demesne   Dunlavin   Wicklow

these have boundary maps on askaboutireland website
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide