Author Topic: Wills and probate records.COMPLETED THANKS  (Read 2302 times)

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Wills and probate records.COMPLETED THANKS
« on: Thursday 22 July 10 10:27 BST (UK) »
I have the wills of two ladies, Amelia Corbett Lyons and her sister Juliana Lyons, but would like to get the actual probate details with all the extra details I've read they have. Amelia died in 1898 and Juliana some time after 1903. (Both in the UK) Can anyone help me find these documents, or tell me where to look please? I have found nothing on the National Archives site.
Calthorpe ,Colyer, Davy, , Grant, Guest, Hannington, Harding, Hartley, Hughes, Macro ,Marchant,  McKindoe , Moffet ,Morgans Musgrave, , Mort, Nicholson, Patterson, Porter,Smith, Roddis, Schofield, Scholefield, Smith.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wills and probate records.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 October 10 23:03 BST (UK) »
hi i,ve just come across your post if you haven,t found what you need try this   www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/1226.htm   it should point you in the right direction
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 09:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trevor - yours is the only reply so I'm really grateful!!
Pauline
Calthorpe ,Colyer, Davy, , Grant, Guest, Hannington, Harding, Hartley, Hughes, Macro ,Marchant,  McKindoe , Moffet ,Morgans Musgrave, , Mort, Nicholson, Patterson, Porter,Smith, Roddis, Schofield, Scholefield, Smith.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 09:45 BST (UK) »
hi pauline
 last night was the first time i,d looked in that section  , so someone up there wanted me to help you !! , i,m pleased to have helped and hope you find the answer to your quest
best wishes
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline Andcarred

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauline,

Many Wills do not require to go to Probate and the estate can be administered without Probate being applied for.  Saves a lot of legal fees this way.  Maybe you can't find a Probate because there never was one.

Andcarred
Allwood-Birmingham-Australia
Collins-Dublin
North-Sweden
Vincent-Dewlish, Dorset
Austen-Lydd
Dewsbury-Sutton Bonnington, Notts
Wood-Leeds/Huddersfield, Yorks
Godden-Cornwall/London
Jackett-Cornwall

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hello Pauline.....

Hope this helps....

Amelia Corbetta Lyons, of Farncombe Rectory , Godalming , Surrey. Spinster,died March 25th 1896.
Probate May 5th 1896 . London, to Juliana Lyons, spinster. Effects 4,419.19s 7d

Juliana Lyons of 26 Upper Gloucester Place, Dorset Square, Middlesex. Spinster, died 27th January 1903. Probate London 19th February to Sarah Hodgson Spinster, Charles Willan Cockburn Esquire and Harry Horsman Coles, Solicitor. Effects 8,277,0s 9d

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 14:50 BST (UK) »
Pauline,

I was about to send you the same information as JeannieR, with the warning that if you order a copy you may wait a while. Although "The Probate Service aims to supply copies within 21 working days of your application", I'm still waiting for one ordered on 31 August  :(

Mike
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline perilsofpauline1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 01:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mike, JeannieR, Andcarred and trevor. That was interesting about not all wills going to probate becase i have been looking for Elizabeth Lyons will and probate - she was the mother of Juliana and Amelie Lyons. Her husband died in 1848, and I have his details - even if they are almost impossible to read - and his wife not until 1862, so I'm sure would have had an estate to pass on to someone. She was sometimes known as Bessie Lyons, but I still cant find anything - will go and have another look on that site Trevor.
Can I ask another question please? I tried to upload David Lyons will onto rootschat to ask if it could be deciphered, but its way over the limit. If I broke it down, would it be too much to ask rootschatters to have a look at it? I dont want to push the boundaries!!
Regards,
Pauline