Author Topic: Gilbert family, Great Gidding  (Read 3181 times)

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gilbert family, Great Gidding
« on: Thursday 22 July 10 12:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,
 I have a couple of queries,
Would the parish records for Great Gidding be held in Huntingdon or somewhere else?

I am looking for information about the Gilbert family who live in Great Gidding around the 1700's.
I have done a search on Family Search and found this information and would like to verify it by seeing the original records.

Henry was baptised in Great Gidding 15/10/1709, his father was John Gilbert and Anne Mallard.  John and Anne's marriage was 21/09/1699 in Great Gidding. On this record  John is down as Johannes Gilbert.

I have found an Ann Mallard bapt august 1679 in Great Gidding, parents Henry Mallard and Annie Timson.

I don't seem to be able to find  a bapt for John's in Gidding, either under John or Johannes.

I would appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

Thanks in advance Andrea.

Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gilbert family, Great Gidding
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 July 10 16:13 BST (UK) »
Great Gidding events have been extracted onto the IGI from the parish register, so are reliable. Other than Henry's baptism which is a member submission, so you are right to be cautious about this one. But John and Ann baptised other children in Gt Gidding, which are extracted entries on the IGI

You can view the microfilm of the parish register either at Huntingdon Records Office, or at any LDS Family History Centre - there is one in Peterborough

If you check http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/index.html you can get a load of information about parish records of the individual parishes

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gilbert family, Great Gidding
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 July 10 16:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you David I do appreciate the help. I am local to Peterborough and Huntingdon so I will visit one or the other.

Andrea.

Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.