Author Topic: COMPLETE Has anyone access to New York Newspapers 1942  (Read 12230 times)

Offline StevenWithers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone access to New York Newspapers 1942
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 24 July 10 04:51 BST (UK) »
Me too. I took your advice and just subscribed to ancesrty.com.  I found the grandparents of John Withers(husband of Agnes Gordon): James Wither(born 1780 in Ireland) and Agnes Creely( born also in Ireland).  I am going to look for David here too.

Can you now help me look for the parents of James Wither (b. 1780)?

Thank you,
Steven

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone access to New York Newspapers 1942
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 24 July 10 10:14 BST (UK) »
Excellent. Your on your way now.

In all fairness to jval, this thread started off looking for a Newspaper Article in New York, (to support the death of RBW1) which has got side tracked onto another topic, it is unlikely that someone will now read what was originally wanted. 

It would be a little unfair to diversify again from Scottish Ancestors to Irish Ancestors -  - I have absolutely no idea what is available in Ireland. Many of there records were destroyed and few are available when you get back to that time frame but I wish you luck in your searches.

Aplogises jval - no newspaper article is appearing - pity we don't know where - it would have helped us knowing which areas or other avenues we could have searched in.  :(

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline StevenWithers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETE Has anyone access to New York Newspapers 1942
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 24 July 10 15:58 BST (UK) »
I've also been looking though the newspaper articles in New York in 1942 and have had no luck.  My mother has some more photos of my grandfather and others.  I'll ask her to send them over.  She must have something about him.

Offline Corsica

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 03:01 BST (UK) »
I have recently discovered that a relative Robert Black Withers b 1906 in Scotland was killed in a train accident while living and working in New York in 1942. Since this is the only information I have on him I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help me find anything  els

I think the old issues of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle can be viewed for free online at the Brooklyn Library website.

Offline Corsica

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 03:04 BST (UK) »
I've also been looking though the newspaper articles in New York in 1942 and have had no luck.  My mother has some more photos of my grandfather and others.  I'll ask her to send them over.  She must have something about him.

I think the old issues of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle can be viewed for free online at the Brooklyn Library website.