Author Topic: christening  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Tomsusan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
christening
« on: Thursday 22 July 10 17:08 BST (UK) »
I`m looking for the  parents of Richard Green born about 1811/1872 in Chippenham Cambridgeshire he married Mary Ann Langley in 1830.....I just cant find his christening...... my poor brain is now scramble eggs Please HELP
Wright.Wiseman.Wingate.Heinemann.Barnes.Haworth.Haynes.Green.Wilson.Morley.Norris.Grundy.
Campsall.Doncaster.Starbotton with Kettlewell.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: christening
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 July 10 17:16 BST (UK) »
If you check the baptism index at http://www.cfhs.org.uk/Search.html there's no Richard Green baptised in Chippenham. But if you just fill in Green and Chippenham you'll find there was a Richard and Elizabeth Green baptising children in Chippenham at about the right time. Perhaps they forgot to baptise Richard (or perhaps he was a son of one of the other Green couple baptising children at that time)

I don't suppose you're in luck and he remarried after 1837?

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Tomsusan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: christening
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 July 10 17:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dave for the info on the web site I will have a look see...I have found two possible one is Richard & Elizabeth the other   Robert & Sarah if it is the first then Elizabeth would have been in her mid to late 40`s .....Thanks Dave
Wright.Wiseman.Wingate.Heinemann.Barnes.Haworth.Haynes.Green.Wilson.Morley.Norris.Grundy.
Campsall.Doncaster.Starbotton with Kettlewell.