Author Topic: 1871 Census For Bruton, Somerset  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Alva

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1871 Census For Bruton, Somerset
« on: Friday 01 April 05 03:18 BST (UK) »
HI there: 
Could someone possibly do a look up for Alice Reardon.  She would only be just born or 1 year old at the time of this census.  In 1881 she is living with her Aunt, my great grandmother, Lucy Ann (Spratling) Mallett in Middlesex and was 10 years old.  Alice is likely the daughter of her sister.  Any help much appreciated.
Thank you,
Alva
Hart, Mallett( Ilford,Essex) Walmsley, Whalley, Royston(Blackburn) Butterfield, Watson, Naphtali(Manchester) Spratling (Somerset & Middlesex) Rowe (Middlesex) Crudgington (London/Middlesex)Welsh(Walsh, Walch), Rammage, Wilkinson( Liverpool)

Offline tarajobrien

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 CENSUS FOR BRUTON, SOMERSET
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 April 05 04:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Alva

i have had a quick look at 1871 and didn't find her but
i found this at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

Births Sep 1871
REARDON  Alice     Bristol  6a 17

so she may not have been born by 2nd April 1871 (date of census), even though she was 10 at the time of the census - the age of a person on a census is not 100%

Tara
Hertfordshire(Anstey, the Hadham, Reed, Standon): Gault, Hoy, Miles, Smith
Shropshire(Aston Botterell,Burwarton,Stoke St Milborough,Wheathill): Angell, Blackmore, Blakemore, Bennett, Pheysey
Essex(Dunmow,West Ham): Allen, Blackmore, Carr, Sutton
Warwickshire(Birmingham,Edgbaston): Angell
Yorkshire(Doncaster,Hull): Brooks, Doe
London/Middlesex area(Battersea,Wandsworth, Willesden): Angell, Brooks, Carr, Carswell, Salkind
Norfolk (Norwich,Nth Walsham,Lynn,Gt Yarmouth): Carr, Salkind

Offline Alva

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 April 05 17:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Tara:
Thank you for the look up.  Never thought to look up Alice on the BMD.  Was hoping to find her mother without getting a birth certificate. 
Thanks again,
Alva
Hart, Mallett( Ilford,Essex) Walmsley, Whalley, Royston(Blackburn) Butterfield, Watson, Naphtali(Manchester) Spratling (Somerset & Middlesex) Rowe (Middlesex) Crudgington (London/Middlesex)Welsh(Walsh, Walch), Rammage, Wilkinson( Liverpool)

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 April 05 17:18 BST (UK) »
Why have you not requested a search on the aunt? Maybe the mother was staying with her

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Alva

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 01 April 05 18:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauline:
In the 1881 census there was only Alice living with the family.  Her mother was not there.  I am probably going about this all backwards.  Will have to order the marriage certificate for my great grandmother to find her parents and move on from there to find Alice's family.
Thanks for the response,
Alva

Offline Sandyq

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 April 05 18:29 BST (UK) »
Alva,

Believe your Lucy Ann Spratling had a sister about a year older called
Elizabeth. I have tried unsuccessfully to find a marriage for her and
a male Reardon.
Lucy Ann Spratling was shown as a servant in the 1871 Census and not living with her family, so no clue there.
Sorry can't help more
Sandra
Yapp - Ludlow Shropshire
Rawlings - Shropshire
Tudor - Aston Birmingham
Rabone - Aston Birmingham
Clayton - Aston Birmingham
Phillips - Birmingham, Redditch
Bower -Sheffield,Boston,
Barnett- Birmingham
Elson- Birmingham
Walton -Birmingham, Solihull
Green - Birmingham
Maling - Birmingham
Cain - Birmingham
Cheetham - Sheffield
Sharratt -Burton on Trent
New- Hampshire, Coalville

Offline Alva

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 April 05 05:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra:
Thank you for responding.  Lucy had a daughter named Elizabeth so this in fact could be her sister, the mother of Alice.  I find that people seemed to name their children after sisters, brothers, parents etc. 
I will keep searching and thanks again,
Alva