Author Topic: BBC TV "WDYTYA?" Series 8 Episode #2: Rupert Everett  (Read 62673 times)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: BBC TV "WDYTYA?" Series 8 Episode #2: Rupert Everett
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday 03 November 10 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Although a bit late in replying, he got my back up a few times.   He went down like a lead brick as far as I'm concerned.

Just hope the next series get a few more subjects who derserve to be on there, not like this 'fop'.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline elinorc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 01:54 GMT (UK) »
Um... I realise I'm a long way out of date... but was watching this episode today and also got so fascinated by Georgina who had to give up her son... Maybe because I'm a mother?!... These things always bug me- I can't imagine giving up my 3 yr old. How sad that she then just seems to vanish from his life. She really seems to have vanished on searching too... Can't even find a death! But I guess she could have used a variation of her name or just any name... or remarried or died or emigrated... but I thought, if it were me, I would stay close if I could...
While looking for info about this I came across rootschat and saw that there were a few folks who had had similar ideas to me so when I spotted this I thought I'd share it.. it may be nothing... but I'm unlikely to find anyone interested anywhere else (apart from Rupert Everett, of course and I wouldn't blame him for thinking I were a total nutcase if I got in contact with such a random thing!!
Whilst looking through records I spotted this in the 1901 census: A Martha Evered (married) inmate at the District Gore Farm Asylum and Convalescent Hospital in Darenth, Kent which would may been just up the road from where her son, Cyril was in the home for little boys... Maybe her?... Maybe coincidence?!... Either way- I probably should move on! ;-)
RG 13/707

Offline elinorc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 02:04 GMT (UK) »
Um... I realise I'm a long way out of date... but was watching this episode today and also got so fascinated by Georgina who had to give up her son... Maybe because I'm a mother?!... These things always bug me- I can't imagine giving up my 3 yr old. How sad that she then just seems to vanish from his life. She really seems to have vanished on searching too... Can't even find a death! But I guess she could have used a variation of her name or just any name... or remarried or died or emigrated... but I thought, if it were me, I would stay close if I could...
While looking for info about this I came across rootschat and saw that there were a few folks who had had similar ideas to me so when I spotted this I thought I'd share it.. it may be nothing... but I'm unlikely to find anyone interested anywhere else (apart from Rupert Everett, of course and I wouldn't blame him for thinking I were a total nutcase if I got in contact with such a random thing!!
Whilst looking through records I spotted this in the 1901 census: A Martha Evered (married) inmate at the District Gore Farm Asylum and Convalescent Hospital in Darenth, Kent which would may been just up the road from where her son, Cyril was in the home for little boys... Maybe her?... Maybe coincidence?!... Either way- I probably should move on! ;-)
RG 13/707

Um... it was all coincedence. She and her daughter appear in this census and together with her husband William Evered in 1891 and 1911! Got a bit delirious I think and will now move on!