Author Topic: William Brown born 1895  (Read 1562 times)

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Brown born 1895
« on: Friday 23 July 10 17:32 BST (UK) »
Hi I hope you can help me I am trying to find out what happen to William Brown born 1895 at Haddenham in Buckinghamshire> William is the son of Thomas Brown born 1760 at Tetsworth Oxfordshire and Ellen ( no surname at this time) born Hadden. Thank you Sandy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Brown born 1895
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 July 10 17:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandy and welcome to RC

Have you tried looking on FBMD which RC uses to help people research.
If you have a look under the county and parish you may find the information you are seeking.  National Archives, or if you are not sure that it is them and have their / his occupation you can confirm this by researching in this field or Kellys Directory sometimes helps.

marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 July 10 18:57 BST (UK) »
Are you sure youve got your dates right.Thomas would have been 135 when William was born!!! :o
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 July 10 20:03 BST (UK) »
Sorry got date wrong Thomas was born 1860 do not do family tree research and baby sit grandchildren at the same time. thank you sandy

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 July 10 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandy,
I know how frustrating it can be I am researching Smith on my Nans side and Brown on my Grandads side and to top it all Brown for my Husband whose mother was born a brown

marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet